Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
need info from anyone who has floated scottsville to bremo bluff. plan on a trip in june trying to get permission to stay on one of the islands in the "seven islands chain" hope to camp and fish there for a couple of days. any help on some honey holes or good baits would be great

·
Registered
19 Posts
love that float. use to do it a lot when i lived in charlottesville. i use to catch hellgremites and live bait with a simple split shot rig. but nearly effective i have found is using gulp shrimp in new penny color. looks just like a crawfish without the claws, which is perfect. same deal, use a split shot rig drifted through the deeper holes. you can also use a standard jig if you're not getting it down because the water flow is too fast. you need to get it bouncing along the bottom one way or the other. the best deep water, as i recall, is to the right, just as you approach the islands area. once thru the islands, the river becomes much broader. good to use a tiny torpedo in the evening or early morning tossed under neath the trees along the shoreline.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts