Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
14th was a bust. after finding a hotel, most are closed for the season, had a port motor issue that turned out to be minor but wally & i didn't splash til about 1230 pm. didn't run north far enough so nada.

15th hit the ramp about 545 am & already packed. wally & i get the boat in & picked up matt & trip about 7am from the dock & we're off to kitty hawk monument. lines in & about 5 minutes we on a double. water was a balmy 38 degrees but the fish were snapping. boated about 20 today from 15 to 30 lb range left the water about 2 pm to a mad house back @ the ramp. if you go expect 2 things. the ramp will be jamming & some idiot WILL run across your lines.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Had a great time chasing the striped ones down south. Every type of boat imaginable from Jon boats to 60' Sportfishers spread out for miles and miles catchin. A quick limit with some C&R and great weather to boot. Crazy mad at the ramp launching and retrieving with hundreds of boats but other than that you couldn't ask for a better time. Can't wait to do it again.

Good to meet you Matt and Skip; hope you guys enjoyed the day.

·
Registered
576 Posts
JON BOATS??????? Sea conditions looked great in the pictures, but still! Sounds like you guys had a great day. Those are some nice looking fish. WTG!

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
JON BOATS??????? Sea conditions looked great in the pictures, but still! Sounds like you guys had a great day!
I thought the same thing when I heard and then saw my first Jon boat out there but later found out that they launch in the surf. They drive down the beach road until they see the fleet and then launch the boat in the surf. Still has to be a decent enough day but they don't travel too far.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts