Tidal Fish Forum banner

Janes island

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  bassomatic76 
#1 ·
Has anyone camped there? Bugs in summer? Water depth from bay? Can i have three feet all the way in? Any other advice?

Wrong forum sorry and never mind

#2 ·
Has anyone camped there? Bugs in summer? Water depth from bay? Can i have three feet all the way in? Any other advice?

Wrong forum sorry and never mind
Yes. I've camped there, but three years ago. Yes, bugs are terrible. No, they're absolutely miserable in the summer. Yes, you have three feet and then some to the ramp/campground. Other advice? It's a beautiful area and great fishing. Pups and specks are very good right now. Otherwise, hell on earth in the summer. Once the weather starts cooling, that's where you want to be.

#3 ·
Bring a head net long pants and long sleeves. I camped there in one of the backcountry spots in the middle of the summer last year. Very buggy and the spot I was at was only really accessible by kayak. Fishing was decent. We caught puppy drum, small stripers, bluefish and specs.
The area on the backcountry campsites where they want you to camp is deep in the bush and full of bugs. The best bet is to try and find a spot above the high tide line on the windward side of the island. If there is at least a slight breeze you should not have too many bugs. We had some rain so it helped with the bugs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.