Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a new pontoon Pelican 10E and took her on her maiden trip yesterday. Know of a area that is very shallow and warms up quick. 9:30am Started fishing twitch baits in the deeper cuts 5-6ft. while waiting for my buddie to show up around noon. First Bass 10:30am 15". Casted close to structure then got the bait down fast with a stop go twitch retreive. 2nd Bass came 11:00am with the same pattern but was 19" . I took a picture with the cell phone and release it. Head back to the ramp 11:30 to pickup buddie it took a while to get back I didnt realize how far I blew in. The wind was strong as I was headed against the current. We headed back out to the same area, with in a few minutes my buddie hooked up to this nice pickeral that I am holding in the picture. He was too scared to touch it so I did the landing and releasing for him.{ what a wuss } just kidding Jeff. No more luck but felt very good about the day. Like the boat even with 2 pretty big people in it. Blessed with fish in January and once again had a great time with a ol buddie. Oh battery died about a 1/2 mile from the ramp. Only had one paddle will take two in the future. The pictures show the lures we used. Area was Sussex Delaware.

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
How's Trussum looking these days?I don't know where you fished but try Diamond,just throw some back for me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts