Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just me, or is anyone else here jealous of the nice rockfish reports from the lower Potomac and the Maryland waters of the bay? Unlike those guys, out of Deltaville I have not seen any breaking schools, or read/heard any local rockfish reports like the guys up north have been submitting. Those guys are trolling & jigging up lots of 20 - 32" rock with relative ease in the open water.

Because menhaden fishing is illegal in MD, I suspect that the menhaden fleet could be to blame, but perhaps I just haven't been at the right place at the right time? (Yes, I know about the dinks around the docks, I am talking about keepers in the deep water).

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
I can say this.....I fished the Lower Potomac this spring and got FISH EVERYTIME!......you hear more about the fish in the Upper Bay or Middle bay...I think it's just more people.....keep them up there! [grin]
Does the Potomac produce[wink] NO!

Tony

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response - no doubt there's more folks up north. I've been concentrating on flounder lately, but always keep my eye out for working birds - just haven't seen any! It would be nice to get in on some of that rockfish action down here without getting out the chum bucket.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Just watch the reports....guys still gettin' fish around #7 and #9.........I heard up to 35".......

Tony....

PS...My fishin' days is over....crabs run my direction......

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You mean #7 & #9 in the lower Potomac, right? That's the problem - I'm not looking to run an hour from Deltaville, where I'm based. I've read those lower Potomac reports, and that's why I am jealous!!

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
[Q]Rising Tide originally wrote:
You mean #7 & #9 in the lower Potomac, right? That's the problem - I'm not looking to run an hour from Deltaville, where I'm based. I've read those lower Potomac reports, and that's why I am jealous!!
[/Q]

I'm sorry...I misunderstood you....
Now that I'm "Pickin' up what you're layin' down".......put your boat on the trailer and bring it on up....[grin]

In all seriousness...You guys have crabs. [smile].....

My fishing is over...lol..I'm crabbin'....
You are more than welcome to send me a Bmail and I'll give you what I got.

Tony

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
And btw....how can you folks be in envy of US?.....you have crabs before we do you have the rocks before we do and still have flatties and other things that we don't get![sad]

Tony

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
[Q]little bubba originally wrote:
My mom use to tell me. "Jealously will get you nowhere"
Bubba[angel][angel]
[/Q]

LB...my jealously got me EVERYWHERE..lol...Point Lookout, 72A, mouth of the Choptank......[grin][excited][grin][excited]

That and GPS[wink]

Tony

·
Registered
659 Posts
Tony,
Are you saying all the fish are at 72. If so please tie a big one for me. We are having the Smith Point Derby next weekend. Fishing in my area (Boey 62) has really stunk this year.
Bubba[angel][angel]

·
Registered
861 Posts
We just love hearing those big flounder reports from the cell! Trade you a few resident rockfish with sores for a big flattie!

Mushy

Lewisetta

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
With fishing, like life, things change. Last year, fishing was pretty lousy in the Lower Potomac. I felt cheated and started fishing with a friend out of Winter Harbor. This year, maybe it's my turn.
I still envy the flounder, spades and cobia you guys get.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts