Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I met up with fellow Jet Ski Angler Todd West of Gloucester Virginia. We ran across the Chesapeake Bay from Poquoson to Fisherman Island on the ocean side of the CBBT. It was near glassy conditions all day so we easily did 35-45 mph each way.
We set up and fished the shoals hoping for some Red Drum using live crab for bait. Fished for six hours and only managed a Clearnose Skate and small shark.
No luck on the drum but it was a perfect day. Here are some of the picures I took while out today.

·
Registered
233 Posts
yeah we were in the shoals yesterday for a few hours rocking and rolling with no luck. Unless ya call doggies luck? Pretty snotty yesterday glad ya had good condisions. We'll get those big bulls yet.

·
Registered
782 Posts
i WAS GONNA CALL YOU ON THE RADIO SEE IF YOU HUNG ON TO ANYTHING YET.....BUT SOME GUYS WERE ON THERE FOR NEARLY AN HOUR.....BUT I WAS RIGHT BEHIND YOU WHEN YOU PULLED UP ANCHOR AND LEFT.....WE WERE THE SEA CRAFT W\BLACK TOP ---THE RUELLER.....WE DIDN'T GET MUCH EITHER....A FEW SKATES, AND A BIG SEA TURTLE....EVERY TIME WE GO DRUMMING WE GET A SEA TURTLE..

·
Registered
106 Posts
I think me and Billy (the dudes in the 2 yellow yaks) were at about mile #8 at that point. It was a long day. Billy managed on striper and i got the big ol' skunk after 23 miles of paddling and 11 hrs of fishing.

·
Premium Member
18,673 Posts
Sorry you did not get them this time,but I have a feeling you will be back for revenge:yes: thx for the report and great pics:photo4::thumbup::fishing2:

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
heck of a try brian, what as pretty day.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Thanks Brian.
Soon on the usual suspects over there!
Best,
Evan.

Fishing from the Norfolk Canyon to the Gulf of Mexico aboard the GW 330 Express DAWGONIT

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.