Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Left brezzy point around 1:30. We cruised out into 35 feet of water and looked for birds but mostly scanned the bottom. Found some good marks and jigged up 2 healthy 23" fat boys. Lost the fish and ran down towards holland point and scanned for about 15 minutes until we found a huge school and started jigging again. Quickly landed 27,27,28,24 inch and tossed a few back before calling it a day. The g-eye jig head and soft plastic was on the menu

Attachments

·
Registered
265 Posts
Nice! And to think that I stayed home today because of the small craft warnings. You had an AWESOME day. Catching fish like that while jigging is a blast!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Drift with the fish, however pay close attention to bottom machine , as the fish may not be moving the same direction as the wind or tide , tons of fun, it is my favorite way to catch them, good luck

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Drift with the fish, however pay close attention to bottom machine , as the fish may not be moving the same direction as the wind or tide , tons of fun, it is my favorite way to catch them, good luck
Drift and try hard not to lose them. I do figure 8's to find them. Your fish finder says the go right to left :) however, it's anyone's guess.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Nice going! We were about 3 miles north of you and did o.k. but the fish were spread out, we never found the mother lode. Which Holland Point were you fishing, up the Choptank? There are 3 Holland Points in the mid-bay.

Wiley

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Around Chesapeake beach , The fish were on the move we found them 3 different times over a 5 mile area. They appeared to be chasing bait vs. hanging out around structure. I just followed the birds and then used the sonar. I'm sure luck was also a factor.

·
Premium Member
8,174 Posts
nice jigheads. Met the inventor and bought a few at the Fred. flea market last year. Have not had the chance to use them...
Mike

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I support TidalFish.com!
3,659 Posts
wtg. those are nice feesh on the jig. I have found them a few times in the last 2 wks. dang knee injury has me out of the water right now. sux.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts