Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the Jil Carrie chartered on March 3 for a long range deep drop wreck trip. Target species are jumbo sea bass and blueline tilefish. Right now I have ten people going, which is the minimum Capt. Jim will take out on these trips. The max is sixteen. There are a few Tidalfishers going and a few from the DE Saltfish board and a few who fish without getting the internet involved. I'd like to get some more people to come along so when inevitably someone has to bail out we'll still have at least ten and it's always great to meet new people to fish with. Cost is $160 pp and boat leaves Lynnhaven at 2AM and gets back at 10PM.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Guys , this is going to be a fun trip for Jumbo Seabass and Blueline Tilefish as well as some other fish mixed in. Check out Capt. Jim's Jil Carrie website and look at some of the catches in Feb & March 2006.

http://www.captjim.com/

With a max. of 16 guys on this 50 ft. long 16 ft. wide boat there will be plenty of room for some fishing fun.

December SaltWater Sportsman had a short article on Capt. Jim and the Jil Carrie as one of the top three Seabass chasers in the VA, MD, DE area.

Come join us and catch some tasty fish.

Tight Lines and Fair Winds!

Mike, on the ReefRunner.

·
Premium Member
4,888 Posts
I'll be there. All the cool kids are going!

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I'm interested. please provide me your contact info @ [email protected],
phone # would be appreciated, I have several questions, and may have a friend that might like to also join us. Need info., like travel arrangements, time of departure from home, overnight accomodations, etc. ? ?

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Now tell us how long the run is (time wise) to get to the fishin spot. Also is there a backup date in case of weather?

- Dae

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Riptide check your Email

Dae, I haven't been on one of these trips before but I'm assuming it will be about four hours in each direction it might be more I don't know. We'll be fishing out near the canyons in 200-300 feet of water. It's my understanding that the tilefish live at the canyon edge. There is no backup date set if the trip is called for weather. If the captain cancels for weather deposits are returnable or can be applied to a later trip.

C'mon Capt. John you know if someone brings a banana Jimmy will have the mate keel-haul him while he performs the BANANA EXORCISM to try and salvage the day then maybe let the guy back on the boat.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts