anymore.

FYI, the Duck Commander/Phil Robertson videos are
also phoney. Evidently he used released penn raised mallards
and staged his popular Duck Men series.

Bert

#5 ·
[Q]Durado originally wrote:
Bert,
If you were to say that on the refuge, you would be burnt at the stake!!! I don't care for Phil either.
[/Q]
Chris, there was a thread on it a while back on the Fuge.
I never could understand the idea of hunters as celebreties.
The only hunting heros I aver had were my Dad and his buddy
Dick Hutcheson.

Bert

#7 ·
Maybe I don't understand this because I don't have the privlege of being rich enough to afford this but what kind of thought process can justify this? I love to hunt deer and I would have to say that I wouldn't participate in a hunt like this even when I was a kid. This kind of thing gives hunters a bad name and goes against any morals and values that my father and grandfather ever taught me. I am ashamed for these people. I'm flabergasted just watching this. Sick. plain and simple just sick. Shooting drugged deer? I don't have the words to describe the feelings I have after watching this. These people should be ashamed.

#8 ·
There is only one thought process that goes into justifying this...money.

Jimmy Houston has to produce x-amount of 22 minute TV shows, and they have to be interesting enough that people watch them, so that ESPN continues to pay money for his shows, so that he remains in the publci eye, so that he continues to get high dollar endorsements, etc, etc...

The video with the drugged deer and the blunt arrow was a promotional spot, so the website said. I can't imagine what the product was, but the guy was obviously filming the shot like a real hunt. The promotional shot would then be used to sell more product, or whatever...more money.

The farmer does it all for the bottom line...money.

The guy that had the deer propped up to shoot it, almost had to be shooting a TV show, too. If you heard the cameraman right before he shot, he acted as if they had just come upon the buck in the woods. It would be a cinch to edit that shot into a hunting show.

The scary part is, si that I bet that a majority of the TV shows we watch and enjoy on OLN, ESPN Outdoors and Outdoor Channel are just like this. Both fishing AND hunting.

Whenever I hear the name of a "Ranch" that a TV show is hunting at, I go and check it out on the internet, and every single time, to date, you can find the words "High Fence Ranch" somewhere in their marketing publications. When that happens, the hunt is a fake.

That's also why we should be leary of Buckmasters and other similar shows...when they advertise the name of the place they are hunting AND ineterview the owner...it's nothing more than a paid informercial, and the owner will do ANYTHING to produce a good commercial.

The only two exceptions are Tred Barta, and Primos. Now, Tred is a complete *******, but his shows are as real as they get...which is why he comes up empty on about 75% of his shows.

Primos seems to be 100% fair chase, and I do know throguh two different sources, a couple of the guys that hunt with them and a couple of the places they routinely hunt. They always pay their own way and always hunt 100% fair chase.

This stuff is pretty shocking, as I love(d) Jimmy Houston untila a couple hours ago...what a complete scumbag.

#13 ·
That response is terrible.

Jimmy is getting in deeper and deeper.

I've called most of his smaller sponsors that I could find out by googling...a couple small lure companies in Alabama, Hummingbird, a lady that makes wool gloves etc in Minnesota and a few others...most of them are willing to talk about it. They are waiting to see what transpires, but they are ready to dump Jimmy if they don't hear what they think is right from him.

That lame apology is not gonna cut it. He more or less blames others and pleads ignorance. I hope he fishes the B.A.S.S. event next time it comes near Richmond so I can tell him how much he let people down. He's just created another stereotype for the anti's to rally around.

#15 ·
Just goes to show what pathetic a$$holes we are envoved with when we as a hunting community try to promote hunting or save hunting rights for our kids.

Jimmy Houston and Bill Dance have been holding fish captive for years and catching them on their shows. HAve you ever seen Bill Dance catch a bass under 3lbs?

While we are near the same subject ( not really) Who here is fed up with these phony hunting shows and silly african safari hunts on tv while trying to get our kids to watch something with us. I keep telling my son No its not that easy and its not that fake.

I agree that Primos is the best thing going and pretty darn good guys. I have met Will and Brad Ferris on several occasions...Great guys!!

Jason

#19 ·
It all stinks. This Bellars guy and the guy who shot the blunt arrow are $h -- birds for sure.

One side of me wonders why a guy like Jimmy H. would risk his reputation and what he's worked a lifetime to build. Surely he could have done a crappie show if he was desperate for footage. Then again I wonder how many shows I've watched that just weren't on the up and up.

Just some thoughts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.