Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
I have not been there for a long time but it was excellent then, that was probably 12 years ago. As far diners and dives on TV goes I went to a Hampden restaurant that was on his show and It was terrible. Of course his own restaurants get poor ratings.

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I saw the show and will be at Hopkins Hospital next month and thought I would go to Jimmy's after my appointment. Just like most other Marylanders I love soft crabs and crab cakes and they did look good on that show.

Thanks for the replies . I was surprised I didn't get more replies.

·
Premium Member
26,256 Posts
I ate there about a year ago.

It was OK - on par with many local restaurants. Worth a long drive - not really , but if close to Jimmy's might be worth checking it out.

Some restaurants will serve frozen soft crabs. I prefer to buy my own soft crabs that are alive - then clean and fry them at home.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
go during the daylight and carry your concealed toy. dundalk is a hell hole.

better places............. in better places
That's interesting, did you personally have an issue there or are you just repeating what you heard? Hell hole, not so much, SMH. Squires is just down the road(other side od Dundalk Ave, good food. Jimmy's is on Holabird Ave just south of Dundalk Ave. While it is an old community, that part of Dundalk(Baltimore Co.) is not that bad crime wise. Further west on Dundalk Ave where it meets Eastern Ave is Baltimore city.

Pretty sure every area has troubles and crime. Just depends on who you hear it from. Pretty sure this capt has drugs and bad guys in his neighborhood too. Definitely stay away from west Baltimore, I'm sure the riots have made visiting that area a very crazy idea. LOL.

·
Premium Member
2,640 Posts
just google dundalk.........sit back and read. I have driven thru that area many times and it sucks. I avoid it.

Baltimore is in trouble mr kidz, and if you don't accept that i'm sorry. its a........... $hit hole of kimmie mo stuff animals.

furthermore............your statement :

"Pretty sure this capt has drugs and bad guys in his neighborhood too. Definitely stay away from west Baltimore, I'm sure the riots have made visiting that area a very crazy idea. LOL. "

wrong idiot, no bad guys or bad drug problem in my former neighborhood ............shady side md. I moved out because of the taxes, libtards running md. and people like you supporting geographical areas like dundalk and all the people getting some kind of gov't support.

i'm in a nice sw florida area now, we have no major drugs or bad guys in my neighborhood.

you enjoy Baltimore mr kidz...... its mayor, its state's attorney its congressional rep. and its residents..............you sound like a guy who would fit in.....and LOL to you too..

good luck dude!

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
just google dundalk.........sit back and read. I have driven thru that area many times and it sucks. I avoid it.

Baltimore is in trouble mr kidz, and if you don't accept that i'm sorry. its a........... $hit hole of kimmie mo stuff animals.

furthermore............your statement :

"Pretty sure this capt has drugs and bad guys in his neighborhood too. Definitely stay away from west Baltimore, I'm sure the riots have made visiting that area a very crazy idea. LOL. "

wrong idiot, no bad guys or bad drug problem in my former neighborhood ............shady side md. I moved out because of the taxes, libtards running md. and people like you supporting geographical areas like dundalk and all the people getting some kind of gov't support.

i'm in a nice sw florida area now, we have no major drugs or bad guys in my neighborhood.

you enjoy Baltimore mr kidz...... its mayor, its state's attorney its congressional rep. and its residents..............you sound like a guy who would fit in.....and LOL to you too..

good luck dude!
Wow, your reply reminds me of another poster who likes to stir up ****, LOL. Name calling, won't go there, enjoy florida. Drug capitol of the USA, LMAO As far as shadyside, I believe they have had issues with crime and drugs. Not a resident of the city, thanks for making that ASSunption.

Shouldn't be mad at me if driving thru Dundalk did not give you the results you wanted, LOL. Appreciate the laughs you provided me, it's been a long day.

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I rock!
3,298 Posts
Capt Deering ......... Glad you like Florida ......... Sounds like a good fit for you. Enjoy the rest of your life in your conservative utopia. Oh and your government supported Social Security.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Mr. Capt John Unnerving,

You my friend are what is wrong with America. Expecting to never have a problem then running away when you are upset with the community and refusing to help out. Dundalk is a fine place. Parts of it are in the city and the county. It does have its problem but so do many areas. The cost of living is cheaper here and has afforded me to live like a king surrounded by some of the nicest people I have ever met!! I grew up in Howard County and did not want to be house poor, love this area!!!! Sounds like you might not be happy anywhere around here but for you to say there are no drug problems in Florida is absolutely crazy!! Have a nice life and just shows the kind of person you are by putting down or making fun of someone's home. You are not a nice person and have bad character in that area!! I kind of can see why you had problems here!! Lol

·
Registered
236 Posts
Mr. Capt John Unnerving,

You my friend are what is wrong with America. Expecting to never have a problem then running away when you are upset with the community and refusing to help out. Dundalk is a fine place. Parts of it are in the city and the county. It does have its problem but so do many areas. The cost of living is cheaper here and has afforded me to live like a king surrounded by some of the nicest people I have ever met!! I grew up in Howard County and did not want to be house poor, love this area!!!! Sounds like you might not be happy anywhere around here but for you to say there are no drug problems in Florida is absolutely crazy!! Have a nice life and just shows the kind of person you are by putting down or making fun of someone's home. You are not a nice person and have bad character in that area!! I kind of can see why you had problems here!! Lol
:clapping2::clapping2::clapping2:

·
Registered
423 Posts
I don't live in Dundalk but work across the street in the industrial park. Dundalk is not all that bad, some areas are very nice some are a little rough. Back to Jimmies. I think the crab cakes are pretty good. Happy hour is awesome, 1/2 price appetizers and they are really good. I think you can get a hamburger and beer for $7.00 too. If you want some good Italian go to Vinny's Café down the street much better than Squires.

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
bebopper....

First off, I hope your appointment at Hopkins goes well and if you do hit Jimmy's the crab cakes turn out to be delicious :thumbup:
I've had three eye operations this year and all of them plus the post op exams have been before 8 am but my next one is in the late afternoon and I'll bring the wife and we'll hit Jimmie's around 4:30. According o the map it should be about a 15 minute ride from Hopkins if that. Get right back on the tunnel road to head home in Annapolis.

Thanks for the well wishes, I need them.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Hey guys, it was about how good a crab cake is.
Best of luck to you on your visit to John Hopkins. Haven't eaten at Jimmy's, just know what I've heard. Costa's on North Point Blvd is another place that is suppose to have good food. Not much difference in travel time.

I'm thinking the Capt now realizes that no where in florida, is a restaurant that sells crabcakes MD style. It too would make me a crabby person. Hope his significant other has Old Bay available and can make Md style food. Every area has good and bad, in Florida, I'd be worried about those storm systems they have .

1 - 20 of 26 Posts