Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sad news- one of the areas niciest guys died Nov.17th. John Robbins - most know him as JR died of lukemina.He was only 64 years old.John was buried on Friday.He asked that donations be sent to Wish a Fish instead of flowers.I received a check yesterday in the mail and saw his name.John had a heart of gold and helped out alot of kids with tackle donations over the years.

I'll miss BS ing with John at the flea markets - RIP my friend.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Sad news indeed. I used to enjoy going into his tackle shop; stepping over the dog; and checking out his stock. Just goes to show you we should fish more often!!!! 5th (Marty)

·
Registered
747 Posts
Truly a nice guy that will be missed:bigangel:

·
Registered
472 Posts
:bigangel::bigangel::bigangel:

Very Sad News!

John was a very strong supporter of Wish-A-Fish from the very beginning, and was always looking for and donating special fishing gifts for the kids. I always made a point to stop by the shop and give him an update on how the WAF events went and about all the smiles on the kids faces.

John truly had a heart of gold!

:bigangel::bigangel::bigangel:
Thanks, Fishing-Rod

·
Registered
291 Posts
Sorry to hear the news. John was one of the first locals to welcome me when I moved to the area around his tackle shop. I missed my conversations with him and seeing that gentle GIANT of a dog he had when he closed the shop a couple of years ago.

May he Rest In Peace .

·
Premium Member
26,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
JR's was a fun shop - the dog,John and his sidekick Woody made it a great shop :thumbup:.He always gave me a discount on large purchases - to the point it embrassed me.

·
1,295 Posts
My favorite memory of JR was when I first met his beloved dog Bear. I asked him' Why the hell did you get such a big dog" John answered" Imagine how stupid a big fat guy like me would look walking a chuwawa" That was a vintage JR comment!!! He was a great guy and will be sorely missed at the 2009 Spring Flea Market.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Very sad news indeed. I worked with John at Social Security for many years and we always kidded each other about growing up in PigTowne, SW Bawlmer. One day he said to me, "You know your father delivered me?" Small world, a great guy I'll certainly miss seeing him at the local shows. My prayers to Bonnie and his daugher.

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
Capt Skip and I stopped by there once while out fishing to pick up his wish-a-fish donations. Generous man! He'll be sadly missed.That poor dog probably all to pieces.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts