Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I am looking for a mechanic to service my 140 Johnson/Suzuki 4-stroke. Just regular maintenance stuff. I have about 100 hours on it but I bought it out of state. I live in Millersville. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks! Westie

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Dae. I had checked that. I was hoping for some personal preference. I was kinda hoping for somthing close to home too!:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Westie,

If you're just looking for a tune up, most any outboard mechanic can do it. Regardless, let us know where you're located and someone should be able to recommend a mechanic to you. I don't think you want to travel to Baltimore if your in St Mary's Co. just for service.

- Dae

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
If your in Millersville, I'd go to Intercoastal over by Bengie's Drive-In (Essex, MD, it might fall under Chase, MD). It's still a decent drive for you but many here will tell you Terry is a standup guy. Plus, with him being a BRP dealer, he should have the software to check you motor's brain to see if anythings happened.

- Dae

·
Banned
4,553 Posts
I live in Millersville Md.... Near Glen Burnie.
Will the Suzuki Dealers take care of any warranty work that may arise? Can any service bulletins be honored by Suzuki Dealership?

You may be better off sticking with a Johnson/Evinrude dealer.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Westie- I know that it is a little drive but ABSeas marine in frederick ask for Paul or Rob.
They are just off the first frederick exit on rt. 70. One place to take care of both motors,they are a suzzuki and johnson dealer. Its worth a call 301-663-1994

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Try Suzuki dealers Gates. Advance, Shamrock. Software for the zukes is same BRP
I don't think the Zuke stuff will work because they changed the connection port on the Johnzuki to the 3 pin Deutsche connector that's used on the Evinrude.

Reds is right also. If there's any bulletins/updates that need to be done, a Zuke dealer won't do it, unless he pays out of pocket. A BRP dealer will, under warranty, assuming it's still has it.

- Dae

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
For warranty work, one would need an authorized Johnson repair facility..not many of those left. Johnson is just about out of the outboard business, they only have 5 motors in their lineup for this year, all under 25 hp & 3 of which are Suzuki's.

for all other issues, any Suzuki repair facility can handle your needs
& would most likley be better equiped to do so.

Terry at Intercostal Marine is an exellent mechanic, but there are many more Suzuki dealers & serviceing locations that are much more convenient to Millersville.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts