Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All, Anyone know of / or have a 4 wire johnson/evinrude fuel pump-vro for 1993 v-6 200 hp they would like to sell or get rid of today? Thanks, Bill....in bel air....443-243-0083...Think mine is done...

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
You probably know this but just in case you can disconnect the oil pump and oil line and add oil to your gas and be fine.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Mine just went up yesterday. 98 Johnson 200. I think there is a small hole in the diaphragm because it can keep up at idle and very low speeds but bogs at cruise.

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
I work on boats, and have a number of VRO pumps in a bin in my shop.

That being said, I don't recommend buying used. Either rebuild or buy new. Or swap for a fuel-only pump and pre-mix. That eliminates a major cause of engine destruction.

VRO pumps and clogged carbs are the two leading causes of engine failures that I have seen.

Just trying to save you some pain

Best wishes

-TH

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the info fellas....Looks like the major problem was the primer bulb...glad i didnt order a vro...gotta get out for test run with load on her now...idles great on hose...Bill

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
If she is bogging down, it is always recommended to do a compression check before you run her too much.

When was the last time you cleaned the carbs?

-TH

1 - 6 of 6 Posts