Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 3 cylinder 60 hp Johnson TJ60TLETD. Is there supposed to be a small hole in the front of the motor where the exhaust housing meets the gear case? I had some oil leaking from this hole after raising the motor to put it on the trailer. It looked a little milky. Im hoping this is supposed to be a releif hole or somthing and not a gear case problem.Any help would be appreciated. Bryan

·
Registered
265 Posts
Are you talking about the small hole on the front of the motor right where the lower unit mounts to the rest of the motor? If so, that is a water weep hole. You shouldn't be seeing oil coming from that hole. There is an exhaust housing gasket in the top of the lower unit and if it is leaking, it could allow some oil-like goop to get inside the upper housing where it would then leak out of that hole. I guess another possibility is if the lower seal in the powerhead was leaking, it would allow fuel-air to leak into the upper housing where it could mix with water and create a milky looking goop that would leak out of that weep hole. Other thoughts?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts