Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
-not the old movie. It boggles the mind, how a cult could make people turn on their own children. The helicopter arial pictures of the 900 bodies layed out. I am speechless. The documentry was narrated by the few survivors. Words just dont do it justice.

·
Premium Member
26,186 Posts
It pays not to play Follow the leader.Looks like it started out good but sure ended bad.One detail left out was how many people were forced to drink the Kool-aid.Maybe they did all find peace-hope so. Skip

·
Registered
11,853 Posts
Let that be a lesson to you Frank. Not all of the charismatic leaders who tell you what you want to hear have your best interests at heart.

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
TH

Exactly who do you want to be our charismatic leader? Or are you taking the "my candidtae could never win, so I'll just bash yours defense", like our resident confederate LEEder.

Probably asked you before, but the tin foil hat affects my memory.

·
Registered
11,853 Posts
Good question CZ. I wish I knew. Our political system being as it is, the best we can hope for is an endless parade of nincompoops, blowhards, zealots, and bumpkins.

BTW, it is not a defense, it is stating the facts. W. has done more harm than good since he has been in office and shows no remorse or acknowledgment of fault.

·
Registered
11,853 Posts
Yeah those too.

I just get frustrated when I think about the potential of the human race and how we seem to do everything in our power to keep from achieving it.

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Yeah those too.

I just get frustrated when I think about the potential of the human race and how we seem to do everything in our power to keep from achieving it.
C'mon, you must be miserable then. I gave up on that a long time ago. I remember a line from an old Gin Blossom's song that I used to tell my girlfriends..."If you don't expect too much from me you might not be let down." That is how I view politics, and just take what little I can get.

CZ

·
Registered
11,853 Posts
That might just be the big difference between myself and those who are willing to attach themselves to a party. I am not ready to settle for good enough.

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
That might just be the big difference between myself and those who are willing to attach themselves to a party. I am not ready to settle for good enough.
You'll take that hard-headedness to your grave-guaranteed.

·
Registered
575 Posts
-not the old movie. It boggles the mind, how a cult could make people turn on their own children. The helicopter arial pictures of the 900 bodies layed out. I am speechless. The documentry was narrated by the few survivors. Words just dont do it justice.
I saw it too. They also had a program on cults that came on right after it that had a piece on Jonestown that I saw too. Disgusting. I don't understand that ****. Alot of people were FORCED to drink the Kool-Aid, especially the kids. F### Jim Jones, if there is a hell, he is in it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts