Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A youn man named Gus caught a 63 lb. rockfish today. He was fishing with his father near Smith Island. It was caught on a yellow shad. The fish is at Long Bay Point marina waiting for IFGA confermation. It should be a new IFGA World Record for a junior angler. The previous record was 57 lbs. That's all that I have heard about it. Congrats to Gus. :bigfish::eek2::bigfish:

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
The fish is not at Long Bay Pointe. The angler and his family have already contacted me. I will post details once they are confirmed. :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
I was honored to see such a fine fish and meet the nice young man and his father this evening at Long Bay Point.

I was asked to take photos of the fish to e-mail to them.

It will be up to them to post them if they wish since it is a potential world record.:bigfish:

Keith

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The fish is not at Long Bay Pointe. The angler and his family have already contacted me. I will post details once they are confirmed. :thumbup:
Sorry. I was told that it was there. I didn't mean to provide false info.:oops:

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
So how old is he?

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I am sorry to announce that although this is an oustanding catch by a young angler, the fish will not qualify for an IGFA Junior World Record.

This is why I prefer to gather all the facts and information prior to making any premature posts on IGFA eligibilty...this helps avaoid embarrassment to the angler and his family.

Please congratulate Gus on an oustanding catch, none the less. :yes:
Thanks

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
WAY TO GO YOUNG MAN!! One HECK OF A FISH!!! Where do I sign up for membership???

·
Registered
118 Posts
Any way someone can post why the fish was not a World Record so others can know what to avoid in hopes of catching a record fish?!?

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
From what I gathered from the dad is that the young man had trouble getting the rod out of the holder. Another person picked up the rod and handed it to the young man and he took it from there.

Great catch no matter how you look at it, I guess it's ok to post the pic i took last night now.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts