Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Same old thing I have been saying all year. Why burn gallons of gas looking for fish when they are in your backyard. Burned maybe two gallons and was in fish right in the James at the bridge. Got into 24-36 inch fish on light tackle just past the highrise. With the East wind and outgoing tide, we floated right on the lightline where I wanted to be.

Other than that, we would have been back at home by midnight but like others have stated, very low tide. Our first attempt to get in resulted in running aground 200 yards from the ramp. Turned around and continued fishing for the next two hours. Then finally, pushed our way in to the ramp.

Great fish and great time. Happy New Years all. I'm out until the first of the year.

Jeff

·
Registered
72 Posts
I was out at the JRB on the 23rd and had no takers on the fish I saw. Were you trolling, eeling or dipping them up? Maybe I need to change the color of my bottom paint!

I made the mistake of putting in at Huntington and grounded at the ramp inner markers. I called a bud to bring the truck and trailer to Jones creek. Deeper water but a quirky run to get in there at low tide.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Merry Christmas Wayne. Hope you are hitting them big on your great spots. We are off to FL for the rest of the year. You'll probably see my boat in the James with my friends on it this week.

Crazee Horse, we were deaddrifting 6 inch dark storms off the bottom. You can ask anyone that knows me, I don't troll if I don't have to!!! I prefer the hot looking ones I can jig for!!

Jeff

·
Registered
308 Posts
thanks for the report, i really hope they dredge that channel sometime soon.....

as for techniques, we did really well last week on fish up to 30" anchoring up in the 30' area casting 6" storms of any color up current and reeling just enough to keep your line tight, closer to the pilons you can get your bait the better

·
Registered
72 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. I have been casting down current and retreiving back. I have been less successful than i like. So tomorrow I am going to do some research (FISHIN). Sunday I am heading out to the Ocean to drag some plastic and/or dunk an eel.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Skunked on Friday. There where about 15 boats at JRB and a dozen at MM and I only saw one fish caught. We fished from about 9:30am till 1:30pm.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Fished the JRB between 6 and 10 pm Friday and caught 15 up to 30" on Stretch 25's. Kept 3 at 25"; most were around this. Met a guy coming out who had a 37" on umbrella. Action was steady all night on rising tide, south of high rise in 28 - 32 ft of water in the light line. We fished the down-river side. We trolled very slow and I think some were moving much too fast.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts