Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy 4th of July!!

I crabbed a bit south of Kent Narrows from 6 am to 11 am and it was slow. There were only a handful of vehicles at the ramp and it was spooky how few crabbers were out at first light in an area that usually has a lot of rec and com activity. Not a good sign!

I had 1200 ft of chicken neck on snoodlines. I started out by putting out only 600 ft and because it was so slow and I only caught 3 crabs on that line all morning I never put out the other 600 ft. The water was clear and I saw some drop off the line but I saw very few crabs on the line.

I deployed my brand new "Perfection" crab rings hand woven by "Perfectionist." I purchased the net bags over the winter and I just completed assembling 30 rings. After seeing almost nothing on the line I was very pleased to catch some in the rings--it was slow but the quality was very good. Best depths were 5 to 7 ft and I was set up along a dropoff.

I came home with 20 crabs and all but 3 were quality number ones mostly 6.5 to 7.25 with one at 7.75 inches. They were some really nice crabs, but the numbers were low and I put in a lot of effort for them.

I am very happy with the net rings!

http://www.uscharterboats.com/crabs/

·
Registered
13,984 Posts
Happy 4th of July!!

I crabbed a bit south of Kent Narrows from 6 am to 11 am and it was slow. There were only a handful of vehicles at the ramp and it was spooky how few crabbers were out at first light in an area that usually has a lot of rec and com activity. Not a good sign!

I had 1200 ft of chicken neck on snoodlines. I started out by putting out only 600 ft and because it was so slow and I only caught 3 crabs on that line all morning I never put out the other 600 ft. The water was clear and I saw some drop off the line but I saw very few crabs on the line.

I deployed my brand new "Perfection" crab rings hand woven by "Perfectionist." I purchased the net bags over the winter and I just completed assembling 30 rings. After seeing almost nothing on the line I was very pleased to catch some in the rings--it was slow but the quality was very good. Best depths were 5 to 7 ft and I was set up along a dropoff.

I came home with 20 crabs and all but 3 were quality number ones mostly 6.5 to 7.25 with one at 7.75 inches. They were some really nice crabs, but the numbers were low and I put in a lot of effort for them.

I am very happy with the net rings!

http://www.uscharterboats.com/crabs/
Glad you got some dinner Steve. I went once and got 2 crabs with 1200 feet of chicken. I won 10 net ring traps at snood fest. I haven't used them yet. I think I will go fishing Monday instead of crabbing. Enjoy those crabs and happy 4th......... Gary

1 - 3 of 3 Posts