Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you are headed to Chincoteague for some flounder fishing do yourself a favor and stop at Sea Hawk in Pocomoke and check out the minnow situation there before heading to the island. If Matt has jumbos buy them. Because of circumstances I didn't stop at Sea Hawk because I wouldn't be able to keep the minnows alive over night. There are folks on the island that certainly have a different definition of jumbo them I do. Now I subscribe to theory that big baits mean big big fish in the flounder kingdom. What I was sold as jumbo hardly qualified as mini minnows. Because it was my own fault for not looking before buying I will not condemn the shop that sold me these. But I will heed my own advice in the future and have my big Minnie's before I wind up a captive again.
While I like doing business with Matt at Sea Hawk as all will agree that he is very nice a guy and very helpful with advice I have no other agenda for supporting him.

·
Registered
77 Posts
If you are headed to Chincoteague for some flounder fishing do yourself a favor and stop at Sea Hawk in Pocomoke and check out the minnow situation there before heading to the island. If Matt has jumbos buy them. Because of circumstances I didn't stop at Sea Hawk because I wouldn't be able to keep the minnows alive over night..
Place ice or ice packs in the bottom of a small cooler, layer the minnows between moist towels. Have kept them several days this way just being sure to keep them cold and the towels moist. And agree that Sea Hawk is the place to deal with.

·
Premium Member
26,187 Posts
FWIW: Keeper Flounder love small 4-6 inch live Spot. You might get many hits but when you do - 99% it will go into cooler.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts