Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Banned
4,553 Posts
Smart idea.

Buy a ton of material and CCA has a data base from which to try to solicit new members.

Wonder if they will also sell the e mail list?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Pretty smart if ya ask me. Sell trash you get for free or charge to pick up or charge to dump on your lot,then sell as reef material and dump for free. Sounds like a money maker to me. P.T. Barnum would be proud.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Smart idea.

Buy a ton of material and CCA has a data base from which to try to solicit new members.

Wonder if they will also sell the e mail list?
Reds I am sure you would never use your real email address? Have you ever heard of a white list?

Let me teach you: In your email you have addresses in your contacts. Those email addresses are on your white list and they can email you at any time. Those not on your white list are pushed into a folder called spam. Spam is automagically dumped each 14 days.

Your welcome

Capt Mike

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Pretty smart if ya ask me. Sell trash you get for free or charge to pick up or charge to dump on your lot,then sell as reef material and dump for free. Sounds like a money maker to me. P.T. Barnum would be proud.
Sorta sounds that way but it is not. The construction company working on WW Bridge finds it a better value to recycle the cement than to dump it. Cost of hauling and dumping the material is pretty high. It is a win win for all user groups. It will result in more habitat and more fish as well. Why would anyone be against the idea?

Capt Mike

·
Registered
842 Posts
Sorta sounds that way but it is not. The construction company working on WW Bridge finds it a better value to recycle the cement than to dump it. Cost of hauling and dumping the material is pretty high. It is a win win for all user groups. It will result in more habitat and more fish as well. Why would anyone be against the idea?
Capt Mike
Because the commercial fishermen cannot power dredge oyster off it!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Mike, cost of disposal was in the contract. That would include shipping and dump fees. Sale of materials to what ever group of materials that were a liability from jump, no dump fees and your trucking/shipping fees paid for by sale is shear Jeanus. Add to that the good PR (by most) and you got a win/win. Whoever came up with that plan or accepted it for the company responsible for disposal deserves a big raise.

·
Premium Member
26,271 Posts
It costs more to use the old concrete for a reef then to recycle it.The concrete has to be taken by barges much farther and slower then if it went by truck.The recycle yard takes it for free.This is great material for the bay.Won't rust away-too big/heavy for storms to move it and it will sit up out of the silt.Give it 3-5 years and it should be a great fishing spot.This could really get the ball rolling for more reefs in the bay.I plan to donate to the fund and hope everyone else does. Skip

·
Registered
75 Posts
It costs more to use the old concrete for a reef then to recycle it.The concrete has to be taken by barges much farther and slower then if it went by truck.The recycle yard takes it for free.This is great material for the bay.Won't rust away-too big/heavy for storms to move it and it will sit up out of the silt.Give it 3-5 years and it should be a great fishing spot.This could really get the ball rolling for more reefs in the bay.I plan to donate to the fund and hope everyone else does. Skip
Um no from jump. First they don't take concrete brick or block for free. The closest place I remember to the WW bridge is Aggrasomething in Columbia,Md. Last truck load I dumped was like 50 bucks and probably only weighed 1/2 ton or so. Secondly whoever bid and won the bid (years ago) for waste removal is not gonna loose money on his contracts nor change order his vender's without some real monetary incentive. Think on that last part. Personally I think it is a great thing that the reefs are gonna happen. My point was that someone is making a killing off of it and I am right on that. Waste disposal weather a line item or not is in every contract I have ever been a part of. Hell go get your car worked on, that is called shop fees.

·
Banned
4,553 Posts
Reds

Why don't you try engaging you brain before opening your mouth; no Email required when buying a ton!
Ken Tidy. Pay close attention to what is asked to be filled in. First line email address. Trying reading all of the post before opening your mouth.

http://www.ccamd.org/MARI/MARI_donate.htm

Capt Mike Starrett, I believe it's against the law to give false info, while using a credit card.

The reef idea is great, but all it would take is one of your leaders putting it in writing that the address or email list will not be used for any solicitation purposes or be sold. How simple is that?

·
Registered
14,163 Posts
1) Reds and whoever that other schmoe is: CCA took on the fund administration of MARI precisely because of the overhead charges that would normally be assessed by any organization, including some which would surprise you, because they wanted to ensure that every dollar donated for the project went into the project. Reds, as usual, wants to schiet on CCA for his own little secret agenda and he comes up with selling e-mail lists? Right. If CCA was in this for the bucks they could quite reasonably have taken a cut for the administrative duties that they are obligated to perform and pocketed a tidy sum compared to any e-mail list...

They didn't.

Nice try, that dog won't hunt...

2) Al: Uh uh...Nice scheme, unfortunately it bears no resembelence to reality, your experience dumping a half ton of concrete wherever not withstanding...

You know, it's amazing, the people who will cry the first and the loudest that nobody is doing anything good for the Bay are the first to show their ass, having done nothing of course, when through hard work and some creative coalition building something good actually happens...Companies like Shell, BP, Honeywell step up with big checks, groups that in the past have worked at cross purposes are working together, good things are happening, and the naysayers do what they're good at...They whine, they make up conspiracy theories, they puff up their chest and stomp their feet...

Bozoids...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts