Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Left Sandy Point at 5:50 am with friends Doug , Larry and Larry's son - Vack. Ran SSE using radar - surprised by light fog. Once out near channel - the fog / mist lifted , just as sun popped up.

Figured it would be crowded with nice weather predicted and reports of more fish being caught. The guys worked quick to get the rods out and just as last one was being set - BANG , fish on :thumbup:. Talk about perfect timing. Doug reeled in the feisty 37 incher - quick photo and back it went.

It hit green parachute 3 oz - on 6/3 tandem. We got down near Thomas Point and started to see more boats. Trolled deeper trying to find open area but no luck.

Worked slowly back into 45 feet - trying to retrace track where we got 1st fish. Not much on meter so continued to look for areas others were not fishing. Radar was big help and noticed some open water to west. Trolled that way and got another hit. White 2 oz back 75 feet. Zack did good job and another slot fish was let go for some one else to enjoy.

Noticed most boats were trolling south so we decided to go north to avoid the " fleet ". Found some bait and saw fish around it - sure enough - got #3. Doug reeled it in and quick measurement showed 36 3/4 inches. Close but just touch too big so back it went.

We circled that area and got couple more - dead center of slot at 38 inches. Few other boats must have seen us - they crashed the party and scattered the bait / fish. We went deeper as light breeze picked up. I like a slight chop - feel it gives lures a kiss of action and helps disguise boat noise.

DNR officers came by and did quick check - said most reported slow fishing. Current began moving out nice and south breeze battled it out to give slight chop to water. We got one more hit on white umbrella on downrigger - Zack pulled up a 38 that went back.

Called it a day at 3:00 and had short run back to Sandy Point. Fishing was not fast but enough to keep us interested. Very few jellies but we did get some grass on swivels / lures.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Thanks for the report and the great pictures. Opening the pool this weekend and not able to fish but will be back at it the 16th.

v/r
"HARDROCKS"
USCG CWO4 "Retired"
Rocky

·
Registered
353 Posts
Thanks for the report, I was out there today working south from Thomas Point and didnt have much luck with the whole "fleet" working in the same direction I was. I was able to break away and get 3 hookups with a 34 1/2 going into the box. It was a beautiful day to be out on the bay

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I went all the way to TP and picked off an 18 and a 20. Made my way back N and picked up a 26 above the bridge. I'll be saving some gas today....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.