Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I just picked up a used Browning A-5 Belgium 12ga 3" mag. w/32" * Full Choke. Gun is in great condition for it's age and shoots a great pattern. I think I'll put new wood (forearem and stock) on it and use it for Turkey and Stand Deer hunting Only. Already have a Light 20ga, Light 12ga and a Mag 12ga but only gave $624 for it and thought it was to good to pass up. So I bought it for ole times sake. Grow-up hunting with A-5's but have slowed on using them since Browning took them out of production and their value has been increasing. Ole John Mose made a great gun but I believe Browning dropped the ball when they took them out of production. Now if I could only find a Sweet 16 and 20ga Magnum for around the same price and condition. I'd be a very happy man with the complete set :clapping2::yes::clap::thumbup:.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Ducks,

Saw an unfired one, broken down in a case at a gun show. 2 grand. It was beautiful. That one brought back memories. A friend of mine had one he got from his grandfather. Cool gun. We shot ducks with it on the shore, next to my buddies friends dad who shot the sweet sixteen. First time I was told, " its not the gun, its the shooter", and he downed them with the sixteen. Nice find.

·
Registered
742 Posts
I have 2 of them, 12 ga. mag. w/ 32" barrel. What color is the wood on it now? I am looking for a forearm for one of mine, its the light color of wood. If you are getting rid of a forearm that just needs to be refinished I may be interested in purchasing it. I watched my grandad drop deer at 85-90 steps with that gun. It shoots OOOB great.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Medium dark wood. Nope not interested in selling any of it's parts. I was on Browning's website ,over the weekend, looking for a Forearm and Stock (matching set) to replace on it :eek:. Then this puppy (I mean Old Dog) will look almost as good as out of the box in 1960 something. Man I remember when you could get a forearm for $50-$55. Guess Browning is real proud of their gun parts for Mr. A-5. Now that they have stopped making it. I would have thought with Browning's 150th birthday. They would have made a commemorative edition of the A-5 for old times sake. But I was wrong. I think they were too for taking it off the market. But I guess to have the best you have to pay the piper sometimes. So I'll be placing a order with Browning this week :clapping2:.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts