Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished out of Coan River. Headed out towards #7 but marked many fish on the south side as we headed out. Decided to put over to see what would happen....nothin'.

We drug our stuff though piles of fish without a snif. Heard on the radio many at #7 catching so we set a course for the floatilla with the rigs out to see if we would pick somesthing up on the way...nothin'.

Got there and made two passes at varying speads about a mile long around #7 where the others were...nothin'. We stopped hearing the catches comming though after we had been there for about 20 minutes.

Headed for Point lookout. As we got there, almost by ourselves, a ugly boat (about 24') with outriggers and the name on the side almost worn off and beyond recognition decided he needed to pass close astern us. He had no lines lines out, was on the cell phone (Probably drives like that too)

We tried him on the radio and then had to yell and wave at him to get the idiot to turn (with complete repect of course)

We had four lines out to about 150' and two bright yellow side planners. Mr Jack A$$ had the whole bay and no other boats were around. Starting early this year I guess.

The bunch at #7 were great to fish around. Everyone gave plenty or room, paid attention to where they were going and who was around them. I did hear one other guy on the radio fuss at someone who sounded like they deserved it for cutting his stearn.

Anyway, later on, the Boy hooked up on a shorty striper on a down planerboard with a clark on it. THat was the only fish of the day.

Weather was great and the water was calm almost a ll day until about 2. IT was even flat out in the bay. Beutiful day on the water!

·
Registered
7,478 Posts
Scott,

It has to make you wonder what some folks are thinking or maybe they are not! [grin][grin][grin] Your chosen name for the JA seem quite right one!!

Glad you had a chance to get out and enjoy the day on the water.

Kevin
Weekend Mistress

·
Registered
659 Posts
Scott,
Been waiting for the report. Saw you at little store in Heathville as we were heading home. My brother-in-law fished the NNReef and did quite well. They managed to catch around 20 fish keeping four 27's. One was fat as a pig. They had a couple larger ones on but the shook off before the net. Well at least you kept the shunk out of the boat. Will be fishing this Friday thru Monday and of course the tournament on Saturday. Have fun on your trip this weekend. I'll think about you when I pick up first prize. Ha Ha
Bubba[angel][angel]

·
Registered
659 Posts
X,
Haven't heard a word concerning the Middle Grounds. Will venture up there this weekend to find out whats there if anything.
"ZIGZAG'
Bubba

1 - 7 of 7 Posts