Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The K Street Project is a project by the Republican Party to pressure Washington lobbying firms to hire Republicans in top positions, and to reward loyal GOP lobbyists with access to influential officials. It was launched in 1995, by Republican strategist Grover Norquist and House majority leader Tom DeLay.

K Street in Washington DC is where the big lobbying firms have their headquarters and is sometimes refered to as the fourth branch of government. Lobbying firms have great influence in U.S. national politics due to monetary resources and the revolving door policy of hiring former government officials. It is common practice for politicians to request money for lobbying firms for an exchange in better access to officials and to buy favoritism in policies.

Yeah....Yeah I know I'm picking on those poor Republicans....OR...it just might be I resent a qid pro quo Congress.

·
Registered
798 Posts
It is not sinister or corrupt.

http://www.kstreetproject.com/index.php

There is the link. Anyone can use it. .
It is generally about conservative values. I think the spotlight on the front page is about a democrat lobbyiist. The ratio of voting republician lobbyists on k street are only about 30-35% They know where the pork comes from.

Sinister indeed. Blow it outyour ear.[wink]

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jack Thomas Tomarchio is now Director of Intelligence for the Department of Homeland Security. Prior, Tomarchio lobbied for Buchanan Ingersoll. Tomarchio has given political contributions to Representative Joe Hoeffel (D-PA), Representative Jim Gerlach (R-PA), Senator Arlen Specter (R-PA), Republican Federal Committee of Pennsylvania, and Senator Joe Biden (D-DE). From your link!

Buchanan Ingersoll is a covey of lawyers. Now I do not know J. Tomarchio but I do think that the Director of Intelligence should have a substantial background in the complex field of intelligence. Maybe I just ate a extra bowl of stupid this morning but I don't like a lawyer/lobbyist being in charge of the Intelligence Division of Homeland Security.

F.Fool why don't you slip into something more comfortable.....like a coma.[grin]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts