Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning to purchase a kayak cart for use with my OK Drifter (old model). I will use it about evenly over sand beaches and over gravel paths and some small to medium rocks. I see there are a few different models available, so I would appreciate any insights or recommendations. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
3,663 Posts
How far do you intend on dragging it across the sand? If not far here is a link to what I use that Craig posted for me about a year and a half ago.

http://www.daybreakfishing.com/KayakCart.html

It would work for 50 yard kind of drags over sand but not much further. On the flip side. I had one made with 20 inch bicycle tires that I could drag for a mile behind my beach cruiser no sweat.

Tom

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the link Tom. To answer your question, I don't anticipate dragging my kayak much more than 50 yards across the sand. Mostly from beach access parking lots, through the dunes and down to the water.

·
Registered
999 Posts
I have this one and like it.

http://www.kayakfishingstuff.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=wh&Category_Code=kw

I have never used it on sandy beach so I'm not sure how it will do on the beach. I believe carts with roleeze tires are ideal for the sand.

·
Registered
165 Posts
If you plan on pulling across more than 5 feet of sand you need a kart with roleeze wheels on it, regular bicycle or pneumatic tires jsut dont cut it. They bog down and drag harder than just a bare yak. I have one similar to the one there with red wheels, it is great for backyard around front to the truck. But in sand, no thanks, I will pull mine with a rope. ( until i can afford the roleeze cart [grin] )

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input. Roleeze appears to be the best bet for the sand, but I'm still debating the extra cost vs. benefit.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have the rolleasy and love it. I bought it planing to use it in the sand but have not had a need yet. I use it around the house right now. Its nice to know that if I want to go to the beach I have it.
It breaks down and fits inside my kayak also.

Robert

·
Registered
919 Posts
I have photos of a cart I built. cost $23. Time=1 hr. It has lasted two years so far. Very strong! made of 3/4" PCV pipe, PVC pipe glue (do it outside!), and a steel rod/axle. How do I post this picture. Do I need to re-subscribe? If I do, how do I attach it to my message?

·
Registered
284 Posts
Roleez. I will be buying one soon. I tried it out in the yard when they sent it for the tourney.
Chad

·
Registered
211 Posts
[Q]Chad originally wrote:
Roleez. I will be buying one soon. I tried it out in the yard when they sent it for the tourney.
Chad
[/Q]

Oh, wait!!!!!

IT'S USED?!?!?!!?!?!?

[grin][grin][grin]

·
Registered
37 Posts
An easy cart is to buy a hand truck and use a sawzall to cut the handle and nose off. If you look around you can pick up a used hand truck with large wheels on it for $20-40.00.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts