Registered
4,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As e-mailed to me from ARC:

What: Kayak Fishing Clinic
When: October 26, 2005
Time: 6 p.m.
Where: Appomattox River Co.'s Kiln Creek (Yorktown) Store

Offered by the Appomattox River Company and Tidewater Kayak Anglers Association featuring Chad Hoover and Chad Routh. Kayak fishing has become the fastest growing sector of the kayaking industry. Manufacturers are listening to what fishermen want, and fisherman are creating the most efficient setup for their targeted fish.

Join Chad and Cory -- two of the Tidewater area's kayak fishing experts -- on October 26th for the first in a series of kayak fishing clinics.

The goal of the clinics will be to help prospective and accomplished kayak fishermen (and women) learn techniques, and equipment for safely and effectively outfitting a kayak for fishing coastal Virginia.

In this clinic Cory and Chad will show how they set up their kayaks. Topics will include anchoring systems, electronics setups, gear stowage, rudders and required safety equipment.

This is the first in a series of clinics offered at the Appomattox River Co.'s Kiln Creek (Yorktown) Store. Upcoming clinics will include topics, such as installing electronics, kayak fishing strategies, choosing equipment suitable for kayak fishing and tournament fishing.

In addition to the fishing clinics, watch for upcoming clinics on preparing for cold weather paddling and dealing with hypothermia, fundamentals of kayak navigation, distress signaling equipment, packing for kayak camping, VHF radio communications, use of float plans and other topics to improve kayaking skills.

Clinic participants will be eligible for a 10% discount on accessories at the Appomattox River Company during the clinic.

For directions to store: http://www.paddleva.com or call 890-0500

·
Registered
284 Posts
This is basically for newcomers to kayak fishing to get an overview of rigging and share some ideas. However, if you are an experienced yak fisherman please stop by to let them know what products you would like to see in the store and take advantage of the discount they are offering for the clinic. They are taking off 10% and already have lowest prices in the area.
Chad

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hoping you guys get back from your trip in time for this clinic. Very interested in what you guys do about certain things. Looking forward to this Wednesday.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I invited a couple guys over to ARC for the clinic. They enjoyed it, but I don't think they are game for yaking yet. The person that rode with me had his back start bothering him so we left before the end. I can tell you guys, you missed some good info. I always learn something from C&C...and No, Juke that ain't Cheech and Chong!!! Seriously, it was a good presentation, well-delivered. When's the next one? I'll go!!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Chad and Cory,

Enjoyed it alot, thanks for taking the time to share your ideas with the rest of us. Now if I can only remember to apply some of the things I heard...

Bob

1 - 5 of 5 Posts