Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got the CD by Capt.Ken Daubert.The best Bass fishing flick I ever saw.I've actually watched it 3 times since last night.It takes place in Florida's Ocala National Forrest.I was so fired up after watching it & ready to go that I almost shot out back to drag my Yak down to the water and head for the Bayous.Then ,after looking at the skim ice & 40mph.wind forcast,I decided to wait for a better day.This is shallow water,top water fishing at it's finest.The type I was weened on beginning back in the late 60s with the Johnny O'neil Weed Wing.The first top water buzz bait,before they were called buzzz baits.There's nuthin like it.I also got the book "Kayakfishing Revolution"that I'll start reading today.Warning This type of fishing can become "VERY" addictive.

·
Registered
11,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Has anyone bought & viewed ths video yet?I counted 50 bass &1 Pickerel caught on this 1 1/2 hr.video.The waters he fishes look alot like the waters we have in our Bay Rivers that hold Bass.

·
Registered
11,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wonder if the Flats video will help me for fishing the Barrier Islands in Va.for Reds?I used to fish for Tarpon in the Keys.Once wiyh Bob Trosset when we caught numerous Tarpon in the 100#+ range in Key Wast,and I once fished with Jack Brady in Oyster Va.We saw some but didn't catch any.I'd like to learn those backwaters down there.

·
Premium Member
773 Posts
I am posetive that those techniques wil work, he will have it out in June.

Tarpon in VA would employ a hell of a paddle, but not out of the question for a mothership trip.

·
Registered
11,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Absolutely,I'd use my Carolina Skiff.Years ago,I bought a piece of property in Machipongo Shores,700 ft.from the Machipongo River & 1/2 mile from Quinby ramp & Marina.One of these days I'll put something on it.I've fished there for flounder,trout & blues but never tried for Red or Black Drum,Stripers or inside for Sharks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts