Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kevin called yesterday afternoon to report that he was in Fort Walton Beach, FL. All was well despite a persistent headwind. He ran into some anglers who pointed him in the direction of some gator trout. He landed a 28 incher and several others on light tackle and jigs. Send 'em our way, Kev! He sounded up beat and said that he had met some really cool people.

One stroke at a time.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Ahhhhhhh, the wayward life of a lone kayaker. You just have to have the right personality for that lifestyle. Some of us think it sounds great but wouldn't be able to hack it. My life is pretty 'normal' wife, kids, career. Maybe I can do that when I'm 50? Oh well.

Here's to you Kevin. For all the things you may see that most of us can't right now. We are living through your experiences!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Man.. That dude rules.
He has infected me and alot of my buddys
to be a little more adventurous in our lives.
hope to get down and dirty on the water with youz guyz
this summer. New rod,New reel,New Bros!

·
Registered
3,663 Posts
I envy Kevin and his big adventure.

I have a suggestion as an occasional poster on this board. How about one thread where we follow his travels. That way everyone can follow his travels/fishing even if they come in late.

Tom

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
He'll be calling me everytime he's near a phone, so I'll post up progress reports as I receive them. We can all paddle vicariously through Kevin's adventures.

·
Premium Member
773 Posts
Fort Walton is about 40-miles south of sarasota, ill get it updated tonight.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here's a link to a topozone map of the area. I'll try to post links to detailed maps each time Kevin calls. You can hit the little arrow buttons at the corner of the map to move up and down the coast.

http://www.topozone.com/map.asp?lat=30.40556&lon=-86.61889

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hummm....he's out fishing and kayaking and i'm here stuck behind a computer...oh well at least someone is haveing fun! Good luck and god speed Kevin![excited][grin][excited]

·
Premium Member
773 Posts
Here is the link to his page on th TKAA website, I will up date it weekly, complete with a map showing his progress.

http://www.tkaa.org/wheres_kevin.htm

Enjoy!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts