Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kevin called this afternoon and he’s paddled against this damn gale to reach the campground on North Landing River. We’re meeting at West Neck Marina Saturday morning at nine so I can help him get through West Neck Creek and the VB Canal. We’ll need all the help we can get! He’ll stay in a friend’s yard on the corner of Wolfsnare Creek and the Eastern Branch of the Lynnhaven (the place with a lighthouse on the dock) Saturday evening. Then, we’re going to meet at 7 on the River, pick up anyone whose interested in joining at the Crab Creek beach around 8 then proceed out the inlet, up the Bay and into Little Creek. He said he’ll wait up for us slackers. Kevin will land at the marina next to the Little Creek Bridge (across from Taylor’s) before noon. His friends and family will be there to greet him with suds and grub. Hope you will be there, too.

Ric
289-5136

· Registered
287 Posts
I have the kiddos and can't make the paddle. However, I would definitely like to contribute to his homecoming at the ramp. We should do a meet and greet for TKAA members and share rigging ideas in conjunction with his return. It would be an opportunity for us to meet as a club without it being a "meeting".
Ric,
Do you have a contact at the LCM that we could okay this with. We can fire up the grills also!!!!!!!
Chad

· Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kevin will be landing at the Anchor Marina on Pretty Lake, across from the Taylor’s Landing at Noon on Sunday. Folks who are interested in joining him on his last day on the water can meet at 8 at the Crab Creek beach or launch from the Anchor marina (park off the property) and paddle out to join Kevin at the mouth of Little Creek. I’ll have my cell with me and we’ll be monitoring VHF 72. Hope to see everyone there. Please post up and RSVP so his folks know how much Pizza and Beer to bring.

Ric

· Registered
138 Posts
Congrats to Kevin. Unfortuately, I will not be able to paddle with him home. The wife is on call and has a 20 minute leash at the hospital. So I am on call for the kids if she has to go in. Please pass along my Congrats to Kevin for a journy well done!

· Registered
580 Posts
Good job Kevin!

Nice article in the Hampton Roads section of the VA Pilot this morning. I can't believe he and Ric paddled from Lynnhaven to Little Creek in that slop. But these are the guys that think January-March are the best fishing months! I'm sure the 'bandit' will be back at HRBT looking for striper in short order.

Tom

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.