Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From the looks of the marine forecast, Saturday is a definite no-go in the Bay and Sunday ain't looking too friendly, either.

I've got a 2-seater "sit inside" kayak. It's not set up for fishing to any degree, but I will probably take it over to Lynnhaven and use it to fish out of. Will I need to go to the Crab Creek ramp as such, or can I park in the "beach visitor's spots" and launch from the opposite side of the launch basin from the ramps themselves. I have a Va Saltwater boat license (but on the boat kept at Taylor's) + the related personal license if that makes any difference.

Any tips on putting in the yak appreciated. This is a new venture for me.

Foy

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
park in the "beach visitor's spots" and launch from the opposite side of the launch basin from the ramps themselves.
Foy
That IS the Kayack launch itself:::

when you buy a BOAT license it also includes your personal one to fish where ever you choose

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jamie

Yep, I've been aware my personal license comes along with the boat license. It's been since 04 since I've used Crab Creek to launch anything, as we've been in dry storage at Taylor's that long. When going to CC to launch a kayak, must we go through the ramps and is there a fee of any sort, either to park or to launch a kayak, given that I've got the current personal and boat license?

Foy

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
you dont have to go threw the ramp office- not sure if they charge to park or not in the winter........what ever number parking space is the slot you drop your money in during the summer- as soon as I finish w/ these eels I will walk over and take a look for ya-

·
Registered
3,663 Posts
I don't know how much they are enforcing it but I understand that it is illegal to beach your boat between the bridge and crab creek. . . Just a bit of info that should keep you out of trouble with the local police.

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
so anyway..........park where ever you choose......you are supposed to pay at the "parking station" box (located in front of parking spot #18) $2 all day the money goes in the slot that matches your parking spot

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Understood

Thanks guys. We wouldn't try to launch/recover between the Lesner and the CC entrance channel, anyway. Looks like we just need to pay the parking fee and chuck our gear out of the truck at the parking area instead of the ramp area.

Foy
SBFC

·
Registered
9,443 Posts
racn35 how far would one have to transport the yak from the truck to the launch there?
You can back your truck right up there and pull your yak off. There are plenty of spaces to park right there. During weekdays there may be 5 or 6 trucks there but there are about 30 parking spaces. The picture Jamie posted I believe was taken during a tourney. Most times you may see 1 person or so per hour coming and going. During the weekends it is busier.

I will take some pictures of the whole area and post them tomorrow.

Dennis:))

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
you can spit from the parking lot to the yack lanuch -

1 - 11 of 11 Posts