Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a nice paddle: from rt.50 take rt 8 south on Kent Island to Shipping Creek Road, left to landing at the end. This is a county landing so you should pick up a sticker from Angler's for Queen Anne's county ramps or take your chances. The sticker is for parking.
Shipping Creek is well protected and empties into Eastern Bay. I paddled east for several miles in smooth water on a day that was forecast 5 to 10 from the NE. The breeze came up pretty quickly to about 10 to 12 and this coupled with an ebb tide and small rollers gave me a really nice downhill ride from church point to the pier @ Romancoke. There is a bit of sand for landing at Romancoke which offers bathrooms>>>
I was hoping to ride the flood tide back in as low tide was scheduled for 1030 but alas, as is typical of the chesapeake bay it didn't turn at the appointed hour>>>>so I paddled up current hugging the western side to return. About 5.5 hours of perfect conditions! But no birds, no topwater action, and the boats marking stripers couldn't convince them to come out of the holes! October is the best>>>>

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Thanks for the info. Every time I go over the bridge, I always wonder where I could launch a yak from.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts