Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick quesiton for you all. I recently went from a sedan to a Santa Fe(mid-compact SUV). I have factory crossracks on it and loved the J craddle (835xt by Thule/Hull a port by Yakima) on the sedan. Does anyone have any suggestions for an easier setup as it's a stretch to get it up there and take it down. It can be done but is pretty difficult. Would I be better off with a set of rollers? I have a T140.
Thanks for any and all input,
~Ryan

·
Registered
707 Posts
i believe thule makes an extender setup that you can pull out over the side of the vehicle so you are not climbing up and over the vehicle. http://www.thuleracks.com/thule/featured_product_hullavator.asp

mike

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks I wasn't aware of that. I'll keep my eyes on it to find the price of it. I was looking at the extender bars but I think those are only for thule racks. Thanks again for that suggestion.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Perfect I was thinking about 2 wheels working similarly. Which type do you have? I'm leaning towards the fin style as it'll adapt easier. I don't really like the idea of velcro on the car for both the looks/resale and the paint job! haha. The third is an option I was gonna pull the yak out this weekend and try to figure if I can get it up easy with something attached the the rack or if I'll have to use a door style setup.
Thanks again. Good Find. The other post is easier but prob over 500 bucks we'll see should be coming out soon. Toys are always good but less power and more mechanical in my mind is more reliable especially when salt spray is involved.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Ryan - I have the 12" fin type and I use it on an Explorer with Mako saddles and Hully Rollers. With this roller there is no worry about bumping or scraping the back edge of the roof and only requires enough lifting to get the bow up on the roller. Then the stern is lifted and yak pushed forward. Works great for me. You probably don't need the Hully Rollers with this and could use two sets of saddles instead. I'm able to leave my yak with some gear on board to make launching quicker. Whatever weight you can comfortably handle in getting the bow to the first roller is the only concern. I hope it works as well for you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts