Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I rock!
3,295 Posts
Come on 35-40mph in 50yd. Visibility you got to be kidding
...... Yeah but they slowed down to 35 mph with 50 yds visibility ........... And the kayak guy got the warning ..........

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I rock!
3,295 Posts
.............. REALLY?

·
Registered
449 Posts
LMAO at your post Kingrat. It took me a second to figure it out. Too fast in the conditions in my opinion. I thought they would have good radar to pick up that Yaker. And he should have never been out in the fog in a yack. I certainally would not do something as stupid as that.

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Being technically right or wrong is irrelevant. So is being licensed. If your in a little kayak in open water with near zero visibility you will ALWAYS be on the short end of the stick when something bad happens.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
How about requiring a radar reflecting flag up on a attached pole. A 8 foot radio antenna should work, shoot they could even have a flashing strobe light on the top. of the pole. just my two cents.

I have never had a problem with any kayakers, and found a them to be helpful when I got close to them and asked them a question.

I have had seen few motor boater who I did not want to be around because of the way they maneuver their boat, you know the kind, you are anchored up fishing and here they come off plane plowing thru the water throwing a big wake within 40 feet of you.

I am glad the guy who got ran over did not get hurt.

·
Registered
207 Posts
My take?? Glad you asked... the kayaker is a freakin' MORON ! Plain and simple. M-O-R-O-N !!!

Fog...kayak... open water...NO LIGHTS = MORON.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Had one triangulating and MOBing around us as we caught a few fish right at dark last weekend.
Camo jacket with a camo hat and in a camo boat.
No flag...no light...no nothing.
Asshat...

·
Registered
531 Posts
No difference in a yaker out in the fog or a bicycler on a back road after dark. Yakers are becoming the bicyclers of the waters. The stupid ones will get hurt and the @$$holes will cause problems. I've got much bigger problems with bicycles on 45mph back roads with no shoulders. Most yakers can handle it and stay out of the way. With the Yakers licensing will do nothing but grab money from them. I say leave it as is it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts