Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the deal if you are fishing the ocean but home port is in the bay? How do you bring em back through the bay if it is catch and release now?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Don't stop till you reach port, if you have big ones in the boat and stop for some schoolie action you are asking for trouble.
You can transport keepers to home port in the bay just keep running.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Why does it seem that the same questions come up every year regarding this. If you do not know the regulations, then maybe you better learn em before heading out! Just my opinion.

·
Registered
303 Posts
hey jk,what do you think the guy is doing.he's asking a question,looking for an answer,not an opinion on what you think should or should not be asked.if you dont like the question keep quite.asking here beats getting on the vhf every ten minutes while already fishing asking for regs.SHEEESH! he's doing what you're complaining about,finding out before heading out.check your own post.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Critter. Some people are just too stupid! I am planning on heading out this weekend, thus trying to find out what's up. I want to stay away from Rudee as the Shootout is going on and it will be mobbed. Thanks for the info. I have learned much useful info on this board over the last year as well as helped others with the knowledge I have discovered over the years. After all, that is why the board is here and has so many members. So to all who have helped or have been helped out over the years god bless you and to those who are just opinionated, miserable SOBs........to [email protected] with you and good luck out there if you ever need anything!

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
You guys have no clue and need to pay attention to details::

1. Thread was started by a person with the board name of Rock Crusher and he has over 130 total posts- I would think this person who looks like they have spent some time on here would have known the answer to that question, especially with his board name.

2. Critter- you have 3 posts and are obviously new- so who are you to throw out opinions are like a-holes when you voiced yours? When you wake up and get a clue, let me know if you ever need any help.

These same questions seem to come up many times throughout the year and all it takes is a little reading and some common sense. There are many skilled and experienced fisherman and fisherwoman on here and yes they are great resources, but look back at some of the older threads that will address your questions. This is just my opinion and if you dont like it then dont read it.

JK

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Better advice is:

If you don’t like the topic then don’t reply. The same questions always come up and always will come up. You can answer or ignore the topic but unhelpful replies don’t get anyone anywhere.

·
Registered
303 Posts
jk,i'm sorry i didn't know the tf protocol,how many posts will allow me to reply,10,50,1000,please advise.
OH!,by the way,it wasn't me that said the a hole thing,but i see the guy was right ....:p
and thanks for the offer to help,im a rookie and could use all the help i can get.i really could use some new wreck numbers if you dont mind.i'll keep them to myself.thanks again. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
You guys have no clue and need to pay attention to details::

1. Thread was started by a person with the board name of Rock Crusher and he has over 130 total posts- I would think this person who looks like they have spent some time on here would have known the answer to that question, especially with his board name.

JK
With twice as many posts as Rockcrusher, you would think that you would know better than to read and post to a thread you already know the answer to.

·
Registered
9,785 Posts
I have a treo palm cell phone. I went to a geek discussion board to ask a question. I think I had 3 posts on that board. I did a search but did not find what I was looking for after about 20 minutes of looking through threads. Now I've had a treo palm phone for almost 3 years now and I think I'm past being a complete novice. But boy did I get blasted with response like, oh look, another newbie with only 3 posts asking questions that have been answered already. Got blasted by the geeks saying everything to open the owners manual, read all the threads before posting, call Palm direct, do a search you idiot, most everything except answer my question. Finally a guy with a post count of 4 answered my question. I could not believe I got so blasted because my post count was only 3. Didn't exactly make me feel welcome there.

My conclusion.
1. Post counts don't matter.
2. There are no dumb questions.
3. Searches can help but can be frustrating going through hundreds of threads.
4. Ask all you want...ignore the bashers.
5. Lighten up and have fun on Tidal Fish (it's better than what's on TV.

I know I've been guilty in the past of jumping on the bashing bandwagon but I'm trying to do better as I have found nothing good ever comes from it.

·
Registered
702 Posts
My conclusion.
1. Post counts don't matter.
Fish Dad, so when Tidalfish switched to the new site, You were not 1 of the individuals complaining about how your post count had dropped to lower than what it was.
Think I could do a little search and say that is not true.

Peps
From Fish Dad:
PS> still have minor issues that are there nagging but can live with:

1. Post counts still way off. Will this be automatically fixed or do we have to remember what is was and report it and have them fixed individually?

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Sea Gristle your correct- I was looking for new reports and should not have even read the post, but i am bored at work today and was just looking to have some fun! Getting ready to head to Miami for some sailfishing this weekend and did not intend to ruffle any feathers. If I offended anyone I appologize as that was not the intent.

Fish Dad- you are correct as this site is better than any TV show!

Justkiddin
29 Hydrsport CC Vector

·
Registered
9,785 Posts
Fish Dad, so when Tidalfish switched to the new site, You were not 1 of the individuals complaining about how your post count had dropped to lower than what it was.
Think I could do a little search and say that is not true.

Peps
From Fish Dad:
PS> still have minor issues that are there nagging but can live with:

1. Post counts still way off. Will this be automatically fixed or do we have to remember what is was and report it and have them fixed individually?
Pepsi, you understand the definition of the word "minor" don't you. You even quoted it back to me. My post count is still not correct but since the issue is so .... ah ... minor, I have not tried to correct it. If you dig even further you will find that I support doing away with them all together because they really don't mean anything. Enough said....

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
JK,

#1 Why bother opening the thread, much less replying, if it is so shy your plethera of knowlege?

#2 The same question will be asked next year at this time, and the next year, and the next year, etc., from people who are newer, and don't know.

#3 Critter has been here since WWA (World Wide Angler) in 1997/98, somewhere in there. He is the one who turned me onto this board way back when. To hear your more-recent-ass call him a rookie gives me a big chuckle:p

#4 Since when does a post count or a user name describe your fishing ability?

#5 Hope I didn't piss you off, I was just sitting here bored and wanted to have some fun?

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hey Fish Dad,
You fishin the shootout this weekend? Thanks to all again for all the support, I didn't relize I was going to start an uproar on the board last night but hey, what r you gonna do!

Matt
Rock Crusher
257 Seafox WA
Ch 68/78

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
MIke,
I'll be out on the Catch and release having fun too. I'll call you if we get into anything. Good luck

Matt

1 - 20 of 26 Posts