Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been monitoring the Virginia board to see what Jimmy has been doing. He just had his second extreme long range drop trip yesterday with fair results. That's a long boat ride for small to med tilefish and only a few 5 lb. BSB but you never know until you're out there. I'm sorry to see so many dawg sharks being caught, they really mess up a good drop. Kind of like the cow nose rays up here. I'm hoping he has some green crabs and not just squid for bait. Some of my biggest BSB along with tog have been caught on green and spider crabs.
If you look real close at the photo you can see how the hook is attached directly to the dropper loop. That's how you want to do it with the dropper loop being no bigger than 4". We're going to have a ball.

http://www.tidalfish.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195463

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Nick , i wouldnt mind catching about 250 of those BSB , just wonderig if i have enough room in the truck , add a few tilefish to the catch and we are good to go

·
Registered
5,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pay the mate to filet them on board and you'll have plenty of room.:D After a long grueling day, cleaning a cooler full of fish is the last thing you'll feel like doing.;)

·
Registered
5,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm going to leave about 10:00 AM and probably pick Brian up at his house. I'd like to get about 6 hrs. sack time in before the trip then hit the local WAWA for my eats.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool!
3,364 Posts
Can we do a "What to Bring" list for people who have never done one of these before...

I guess all rigs, bait are provided. What about rods do you guys bring your own? I guess my Med Action ugly stick I use trolling in the summer will be to flimsy for 20 oz weights.

Obviously lots of warm clothes and a cooler, food, and drink but what else?

·
Registered
5,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jim had the season's first blueline tile fish yesterday. A couple of these would really be a bonus.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts