Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be making the annual trip to Kerr Lake this weekend and wanted to see if anyone had any hot spots or suggestions.
I'd like to do some trolling for stripers this year which I usually do not do at Kerr. Any suggestions?

I'll be camping in the Buffalo Creek area.

Thanks in advance,
Brian

·
Registered
36 Posts
Brian...I don't fish for the sardines here but a ton of the striper types are dragging lines down the Dan channel (Clarksville side) from the new bridge down to around the doctors house and turning. There were seven or so of these in mouth-of-grassy floating bobbers etc so if actions speak and you wanna troll, I'd say that's a good bet.
But look, I do some cats and if you camping at Buffalo I'd sleep in or do camper duty till before dusk and then I'd start right at the campground and ease up the Dan side (left side of the split) up to the area where Aarons comes in. Multiple really nice flats in last seven days in that 5-6 mile stretch.
Medium bait is pretty easy visibly, big bait is really shallow...bring a back-up net and throw riprap....
Good luck...jfo

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Joe.
How about crappies in the Buffalo Creek area?

I guess small minnows would be the bait of choice? Depth?

Would a minnow trap do any good?

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
This might be of some help also. Scroll down below the Fishing Report and click on the "Fishing Message Board".

http://www.kerrlake.info/fishing/index.htm

Some good info and some helpful folks down there. Good luck and let us know how you do.

Dayton

·
Registered
36 Posts
Sorry, I don't mess with the crappies really at all except to toss-em out of the cast net. Fyi, somebody left their cooler in the back of the truck a few weeks back at Buffalo and got the beer stolen out of it. Cooler ok, ice ok, truck ok...beer gone so leave the cool ones in the camper. Kerr Lake page went nuts for a while speculating on who this extremely dangerous person that might be...Have a great time camping...jfo

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well! We had a great time on the lake last weekend and did pretty good on the fish!
My wife out fished everyone with a 27# Blue Cat that she caught from the bank with shad.

There's a pic on the attached link.
http://www.kerrlake.info/catchday.htm

It was a biggin![excited][grin]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts