Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Capt. Bob,
I have been following the advice you have been giving over the last few weeks. I am planning a trip to islamardo june 24 for a week or more. I have a 23ft Parker CC. Iam hoping to catch blackfin,wahoo,and dolphin. I would like to get more info on that when the time draws more near. I was wondering about places to stay. I would like to be on the ocean as most of the fishing I desire will be there. Iam looking at Pines&Palms MM 80..... Ragged Edge MM 86.5... Conch on Inn @ Tavenier. Can you reccommend any of these or suggest others. I really appreciate your input and you living the dream for us in the working world.
Todd Beck
Knotts Isalnd NC/ VaBeach

·
Premium Member
1,295 Posts
OH Have faith I will be looking for work as soon as I get Back from Virginia after Next weeks trip...but I have picked a heck of a place to spend the last of my life...its flat out gorgeous out here...I'll look at those places on my way up to fly out and get a post back out to you when I return on the 27th

keeping a good weather eye you should have no problem reaching the Tuna, Dolpin and Wahoo in your boat out past the reef

should the weather gods frown there will be plenty of others here in June,,,Tarpon should be swarming all over the place as well as most other species

will let you know, use the sticky post to keep up on the fishing reports...

check the VA board, AL B had a post for Islamorada guides and posted a place where he rented a place it may help you...

·
Premium Member
4,887 Posts
Todd - I'm headed to Islamorada April 14-21, and found this web site:

www.vrbo.com (Vacation Rentals By Owner)

I looked at hotel rooms at Holiday Isle and Ragged Edge for a week @ ~179.00/night, and it was more expensive than the 2 bedroom condo/gated community/pool/marina/fishing pier place I've rented for $1,100.00/week.

Check it out... there's some places on there that have slips/boat parking.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I would give Old Wooden Bridge Fishing Camp a look. Located on Big Pine Key at the foot of the bridge to No Name Key. Great bridge fishing there also. Nice cabins, marina and boat slips. I'm heading there early May.

·
Premium Member
1,295 Posts
key colony beach has a lot of rentals avail and most have a slot on a canal w/access to ocean side and gulf side...

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Last year I had to alter my vacation plans due to work, ended up at the Cheaspeake Resort. It wasn't bad. My only gripe was a " Resort Fee" of 15.00 a day.. Just add the damn fee in and don;t tell me about it.

·
Registered
180 Posts
fishing

I stayed at the Chesapeake resort also....ask for the furthest SE cotage....like having your own house right on the ocean....they have a ramp and lagoon for boats.....I'd love to be there with my boat and a week to fish!!
Duane
Ms Ginny
20' cc Grady White

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Islamarda June 24

Thanks for all the input . I decided on Ragged Edge were some of my friends have stayed. Ill be there june-24-july 5th. Then work my way back up the east coast fishing along the way. Ill be looking for more tips has the time gets closer. I really appreciate all the feed back.
Todd
Knot Wish'n

1 - 9 of 9 Posts