Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
al(bebopper) and i early sunday morning to chinco, for our first outing of the year.arrived to flat conditions, but were told at capn bobs that there were just a few feesh at chinco yet.'

we left dock at 7am, and ran to assholeteague channel, not expecting to do very good. alvin finally caught a short, and i with no hits for about 2 and half hours.
i decided it was time to try poor moutheses, as we both had a feeling that things were gwanna pick up in a different spot.

and so it did, at least for al. after about an hour, he had landed 7 feesh, including a 21 and a 20, with m,e never so much as a bite. then i figgered out what i was doing wrong, and started getting hit, and caught a few, including a winter flatted thang. funny looking trayt, the winter flounder is. no mistaking one of these guys, cause they come on board with a stocking cap on, mitterns on their fins, and a large , wooly overcoat on. and i hain't lyin'!

ended the day when we caught a stiff breeze from the east, and had a convesre tide, and as usual, the bite cut off like a light switch. total for the day...11 feesh, with two keepers. al and i were very happy with the days catch, and knowing it is gwanna be getting better and better!

ps- water temp at 51 surface, but the feesh are there!!!

·
Premium Member
26,256 Posts
Nice size Flounder - congrats.

You got the lower shore accent down perfect.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I Support TidalFish.com!
7,173 Posts
Way to go Butch. Thanks for the inspiration. Still a little early but I expect to get into some nice ones next month.

·
Registered
7,988 Posts
Butchie Boy, Shore glad yus boyz got into them flatted thangs. Man we stayed there and ran south because of the bad reports. So I'm glad you found dem biting.

·
Registered
6,708 Posts
"assholeteague" love ya, Butchy..................:clapping2:

·
Premium Member
18,673 Posts
Butch

Thanks for the :rockingreport:! Good to hear you are getting out on the water. Looking forward to some more reports!

·
Super Subscriber - I support TidalFish.com
1,109 Posts
Butch: your reports are the highlight of my day... sorry to say ol friend they are more fun when you get skunked. (Just sayin)

Talk with ya soon... Mike

1 - 10 of 10 Posts