Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a call today from the T.W.I.C office...final step toward my charter license:yes:, they told me to come on in and pick up my card....this is the second time they called..first time they called , I got there and they told me it wasn't ready...after they told me it was...no big deal...a week later (today) they said to come on in , its ready:thumbup:cool, off i go...walk on in, sign the sheet...1/2 hour later after all the b.s. i get my card. This is where it gets scary...2 hours later they call me up again...same girl i talked to....told me i would have to set up an appointment to come in and get my card..they no longer take walk ins:scratchchin3:i asked who i was speaking to..she told me ....and i let her know that i just left there...she said "ooh you did"...well disreguard:wacko:the whole purpose of the T.W.I.C card came about after 9/11..so this is our national security...hard at work...kinda make you wonder dont it:cool:

·
Premium Member
26,231 Posts
That TWIC is a real mess. I do insulation work on tug boat exhaust in some of the ports.Getting the TWIC has been a nightmare for alot of construction guys.

IMHO - it is a feel good security measure - some big holes in it.

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Good you got your card but we need to come to the realaztion one of these days that all the cards/certificates/paperwork in the world is not gonna stop the terrorist. Honestly you want to drive over and punch someone in the face (for lack of a better threat) would leaving your liscense in your coat make you not do it. Some of these terror people have goverment support and can get all the documentation they want from there home countries. Tim Mcveigh one of the homegrown special got stopped and lucky and alert officer was looking at the wanted poster 2 days before he would have disappeared forever. So all the goverment documents in the world ain't gonna stop them need to stay Alert.
9/11 Hijackers: The Passport Scam - TIME

are Spanish Mac Charters in the plans (Tasty)

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
had a lot of guys b-mail me with questions i really cant answer....i thought it was a requirement to have in order to get a charter license....anyone tell me for sure....i have it but some other guys are wondering....next week its off to baltimore:thumbup:

·
Registered
466 Posts
Lots of similar stories about being called to "come get your TWIC card". Some of the stories I've heard are exactly like yours except that they may have driven 3, 4 or more hours to get there. Most of the stories I've heard are about the Md office. Scary is a good way to describe it.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Went and got my TWIC card last spring, made an appointment and everything went fine...Got a call about 3 weeks later and the girl said there was a power outage at the office and all my info was lost and i needed to go back to reactivate my card...Nice courtesy for them to call about it, but what a PITA

·
Premium Member
2,640 Posts
the most stupid part of the whole program, is related to the licensed charters. why do we need the $132 credential if we don't go into cargo ports such as baltilmore?

the way i look at it is, if someone is hauling the big bang weapon on his boat.......it will not be a charter. why are recs. not required to obtain the twic. or put another way, when i was in the fed. if i needed to get into a secure area, they issued me a i/d.

·
Premium Member
4,735 Posts
IM - yes...you do need a TWIC to maintain your credentials.
when i called about it they said i would loose my credentials if i did not get the TWIC

1 - 8 of 8 Posts