Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While fishing for stripers a few days back with Kev Smith, we saw what we believed were fishing boats harvesting oysters. Which kinda sparked an urge to have an oyster roast.

Does anyone know where I could buy a half bushel or bushel of oysters??

Googled it and couldn't come up with nada.

Appreciate the input folks.

Thank You,

Robbie Rose

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
Bill Forrest Seafood in Poquoson has them for between $40 and $60 a bushel depending on where they were harvested.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks buddy,

im going to check them out..honestly i was kinda looking for a place closer to portsmouth or norfolk but I can make the run if I have to.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Georges Seafood on Chesapeake Blvd in Norfolk. They always have em, and several different varieties. The farm raised seaside eastern shore are the best, ( and most expensive).

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
Georges Seafood on Chesapeake Blvd in Norfolk. They always have em, and several different varieties. The farm raised seaside eastern shore are the best, ( and most expensive).
Those are usually Louisiana oysters that they drop in the water for a month so they can sale them as Va Oysters.

·
Registered
856 Posts
How much do the eastern shore oysters run?We usally have oyster roast about once a week at my hunt club and would love to get some of those salty oysters.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Get the Lynnhaven's if you can find em they are big and salty and usually about half have a crab in em. Dockside had em but ran out over the weekend not sure who else sells em. I had the Eastern shore seasides and they were real small but taste pretty good.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts