Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was watching a trailer for tonight's 60 min interview with GWB. He smugly says that he's gonna do what he thinks is right in Iraq and that's that-no one can do anything about it. My question is, what happened to checks and balances. I guess I blame the congress more, since they do have the power to stop funding the quagmire, but seem afraid to since that would seem like they weren't "supporting the troops". I don't understand how cutting funding hurts the troops--it's not like they'll be hanging out in Baghdad without bullets and armor--it simply means their will be no more money to wage war and they'll have to come home. Now that's what I would call supporting the troops--bringing them home.

Until someone decides to stand up to King George, I guess we are stuck with our troops dying in the cesspool that is Iraq.

·
Registered
11,853 Posts
Everyone is worried about saving their political skin. Meanwhile our friends and neighbors are being maimed and killed, our children and grandchildren are being saddled with the financial burden, and we are making enemies faster than we are making friends in the Muslim world. For what? to postpone the inevitable.

Impeach W. If Chaney doesn't act appropriately, impeach him too. This is criminal negligence to the nth degree.

·
Registered
16,826 Posts

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
The criminal negligence is congress's. Put the blame where it belongs!!!!!

If they don't give the appropriate balance of power then they should be voted out and replaced with someone who will.

(Wasn't that the message that the American people tried to send a couple of month's ago?)
I am one of those that disagrees with your premise on the war NJ, but that is beside the point.

Either one of two things is happening. The Dems. are equally as culpable now that they have power or they are just giving lip-service to keep the far left donors happy. If the latter is true, maybe they really agree with the premise of the war, bt will not admit it. Otherwise they should cut the funding then they have to come home.

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
I was watching a trailer for tonight's 60 min interview with GWB. He smugly says that he's gonna do what he thinks is right in Iraq and that's that-no one can do anything about it. My question is, what happened to checks and balances. I guess I blame the congress more, since they do have the power to stop funding the quagmire, but seem afraid to since that would seem like they weren't "supporting the troops". I don't understand how cutting funding hurts the troops--it's not like they'll be hanging out in Baghdad without bullets and armor--it simply means their will be no more money to wage war and they'll have to come home. Now that's what I would call supporting the troops--bringing them home.

Until someone decides to stand up to King George, I guess we are stuck with our troops dying in the cesspool that is Iraq.
Half the democrats already agreed with GWB to kick Saddam out and wage war, including most of their main players. That is the check & balance.
The slickster did a pretty good job of cutting military funding, maybe thats why he had a policy of not pursuing terrorists that attacked US interests in the 90s and early 2000s.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts