Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We went trolling yesterday late afternoon and evening at the ocean front near Damneck. Bait was everywhere and king mackerel were skying in all directions. We didn't hook one only small black tip sharks. Later on we did manage a few nice Spanish. Gold clark spoons were the bait of choice. Amazing sight to see the kings everywhere, the water was alive with fish. I hope to be more prepared next time

·
Registered
5,809 Posts
Thanks for the report. I would love to get on a king or 2 .
I may wait 1 more mth and head down that way for a trip or 2 . (25-27 miles from New point?)
Black tips ? I do have 12" long nose pliers, Do I need to pick up long de-hooker? ( I'm bay fisherman , don't see kings Or black tips)
suggestions..

·
Registered
318 Posts
Don't try to unhook a live king, especially if it has treble hooks in it. Kill it first. Catching them on a Stretch is particularly dangerous. Would you like to know how I know this.....?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Launched around 1 today in a madhouse at owls creek... trolled down to little island, flipped around and trolled all the way back in the inlet... nada. Saw a bunch of dolphin and turtles.

·
Registered
5,809 Posts
Launched around 1 today in a madhouse at owls creek... trolled down to little island, flipped around and trolled all the way back in the inlet... nada. Saw a bunch of dolphin and turtles.
Owls creek.. Hampton?
( I am trying to stay on top of Mac's.. Son is coming for a visit and he loves to put mac's in boat as much as I )
If kings are showing,, we may make run to VA beach

·
Registered
128 Posts
I was on the beach today at Little Island and saw some of the boats out there. No one stayed long but I did see 1fish sky pretty good that iam sure was a King. Probably 200 yes off the beach maybe a little further. Made me want to go. Stayed with the wife, enjoyed the afternoon.

·
Registered
5,809 Posts
Charlie, owls creek is the boat ramp in VA beach next to the aquarium with access to rudee inlet.
Sorry, twas a brain fart... I was thinking I had heard of owls creek in Hampton .. It was from some golfing guys.. (Hampton roads golf clubs.. )
http://www.hamptonroadsgolf.com/owlscreek/

BTW, still thinking of heading off Va beach,, If my son and I don't hit some on this side of CBBT. (He's showing this afternoon thru Thursday)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts