Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

A buddy and I are trying to decide whether to go to Assateague or Kiptopeake during Late May. Can anyone tell me if the concrete ships are good at that time? We think it may be to early for the flounder bite at Assateague and wanted to explore new options.

Also, does anyone know off hand how long the paddle would be from Kiptopeake concrete ships to the man made reef called Cabbage Patch? Hopefully this time the current will settle down. We were there once before and it was like being on a paddling treadmill.

Tight lines,
Joe

·
Premium Member
773 Posts
The window of opportunity at the Cabbage patch and th Shoals for slack tide is very short, almost not worth it for the kayak, especially with other boats around. I would try areas inside the barrier islands or even closer to the concrete ships. Put in at Oyster and paddle until you find th holes there are drum there. All the netters fish these areas for blacks. After all the record Black Drum was caught from the Jetty at Cape Charles. The also catch alot of drum in those poundnets.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks Cory, I appreciate the advice. My buddy and I were talking to Jim Brincifield about mothershipping for tuna. Interesting idea, let me know if you'd like some company, if I can figure my schedule out we'll be there.

joe

1 - 3 of 3 Posts