Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I've seen in a report or two where parking spots at the Kiptopeke ramp were all occupied.

Can someone fill me in here please. I'm planning to arrive Sat 12/27 around 8:30am. Should I expect to have problems finding parking for the trailer? Do they have an overflow lot?

I called the park service down there, and they told me the lot never fills up, but that seems to conflict with what I've seen here and there in reports on TF.

Would really like to avoid the CF of dragging buddies down there only to have to wait half the day for a spot to park in.

Thanks very much in advance for any info on this!!

Norman

·
Registered
395 Posts
I was down this past weekend the parking lot was not full and they had a tour. going on. you should be fine. I will be down there also since this weekend was a bust.

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber
2,741 Posts
When I came in on Sunday at about 1pm they were all full and people were parking trailers down the side of the street, you should be able to find somewhere to park. If you launch early you shouldn't have a problem, when I launched at 4am there was only two other spots taken

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
I have been there when the lot was full before, but people just start parallel parking along the VERY long driveway into the place. There is also several other facilities there where you could park, though it would be a hike to/from the boat. But you won't need to wait for a spot no matter how full it is... it's a huge property.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks... Great News!!!

·
Registered
547 Posts
They have overflow parking at the ball field and the office. It's just a hike back to the ramp. Most of the time a fellow fisherman will give you a ride back to the ramp.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I launched at 10am trailers were parked up the side of the driveway and it was more trailers than I have ever seen. I happened to see a trailer move to pull his boat out so I ended up with a spot right by the ramp. I can’t imagine it ever being a problem getting a spot somewhere. There is also Wise Point Ramp not far away.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts