Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys

i am new to TF and will be passing thru the eastern shore i was wondering if Kiptopeke state park has any good shore fishing? I will be there tuesday for 2 days and was wondering what i can expect to catch if anything i will have a flyrod and spinning gear any advise on lure, flys and what i can expect to catch if anything?
thanks in advance

·
Registered
335 Posts
You are a little on the early side.... but fishing the pier with some squid, shrimp or worms with bottom rigs you might pick up a croaker. Flounder season starts Sunday but this early you are not likely to get one from the pier. If you fish the beach you need a saltwater fishing license. The pier is covered by the fee charged by the park.

Fishing from the pier in the late summer and fall at night with a fly can be fun with the trout and stiper but they are not likely to be found this time of year. I don't even know if they have the lights on this time of year at night.

Keep an eye out.... you may see a lone seal cruising about...... the osprey are mating... dolphin are coming up into the bay.

Enjoy.

Richard

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool!
1,292 Posts
I met a guy while camping there and he was adamant the trout and other species came up to the the pier at night due to powerful lights that shine out over the water. He would fish all day from his boat, then go back out to the pier and spend the evening fishing those lights.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts