Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They're obviously a bit late coming down the bay this year, but are any stripers at all being caught off Kiptopeke? Trying to decide where to fish tomorrow. We haven't fished but once this year so don't have a lot of our own personal info unlike previous years. Thanks fellas!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, the elusive tidal fish captains are just as bad as the stripers. Oh well. Thanks to those who post fishing reports. We're planning on going somewhere in the James tomorrow and unlike many of you here, I will post a detailed report if any are caught for the help of others. It's a shame that information is so closely guarded in the realms of the fishing world. Cheers

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Good morning. I wouldn't get too upset over the lack of a response. There really isn't a whole heck of a lot happening in the lower Bay in regard to Stripers. The rivers are where it's at or potentially the mouth of the rivers with the recent cooler weather. Also, seems as though the bait has been on the smaller side. Anywho, good luck when you go and please do post a report if you get the opportunity. Happy Turkey Day!!

Zigh
><((((*>

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Well, the elusive tidal fish captains are just as bad as the stripers. Oh well. Thanks to those who post fishing reports. We're planning on going somewhere in the James tomorrow and unlike many of you here, I will post a detailed report if any are caught for the help of others. It's a shame that information is so closely guarded in the realms of the fishing world. Cheers
I have not tried for stripers yet this fall but I have seen a lot of posts from people over the last few weeks. Mostly they were from someone fishing at night along the bridge light lines and or rivers.

Wish I could help you out with first hand info. I have been told by a friend over the last few weeks he has been catching them in a feeder stream of the Western Branch of the Elizabeth River, mostly small but a few up to 24".

Good luck and hope you catch some.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
If you go to the below face book page, there are a lot of pictures of their catch posted, there is not much info of where and a few hints of what was used to catch them.

Virginia Saltwater Fishing - IFishVA.com

·
Registered
43 Posts
I fished Kiptopeke a couple of weeks ago and did pretty well just fishing form the pier there under the lights. I could see a decent amount of rockfish patrolling the area. Lots of small bluefish. No keepers but I gave up pretty early. Keep in mind this was over 2 weeks ago so I have no clue what they are doing now. The current was also ripping around the pier.

·
Registered
407 Posts
rockinandreelin, if you hit the James try around the fleet its been hit or miss but some decent ones have been caught there, no clue what tomorrow may bring. As the rest of the bay the James has been fickle at times this year. Some real good catches have also been at the JRB span. It all depends on the tide, the moon phase, the winds, and of course the fish gods. Good luck

·
Registered
407 Posts
By the way the report from the steel fleet today was nada, no fish were found. Maybe the tubes at the M&M something should be happening there water temp is about right.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts