Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings All,

I am having a few minor issues with my 1995 Evinrude, and would like to take it to someone who knows what they are doing. I'm tired of dealing with the bumbler who sold me/installed my engine. I need a mechanic.

Do any of you know an OMC mechanic you would recommend who is fairly quick and does good work? Thanks in advance.

-TH

P.S. Does Tri-State work on OMC?

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
... Also, do any of you know how to bleed an OMC trim/tilt system? Mine is stuck. Thanks.

-TH

·
Registered
14 Posts
You live fairly close to the ONLY guy who ever fixed my OMC the first time, every time.

None to cheap, but less than having to redo stuff from somewhere else.

Sturgeon Creek at Lake Anna.

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I rock!
3,295 Posts
Don't know where you are from but several people here are happy with intercoastal down by Bengies Drive in

·
Registered
143 Posts
If you don't mind the drive.

J.L.C. Marine in Elizabethtown PA.

The owner is Jeff, awesome and honest.

It's worth the drive.

717-367-6838.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

·
Registered
4,576 Posts
I take it your 1300 rpm short coming wasn't resolved with a smaller prop.

As for your trim, it's self bleeding. Check for the fluid level with the motor in the up position. Oil should be level with the bottom of the fill plug thread. Loosely install the fill plug and cycle unit in 10 second squirts (adding fluid as require). A minimum of 5 complete cycles is required.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Dont know where you live, but heard nothing but good about Guy Marine in St. Marys Co. :thumbup:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Guy brothers in St Mary's County. good reliable service.. reasonable prices, get it fixed now before the spring rush. Francis and Brady are the best.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Terry Martin at Intercoastal Marine has treated me well. Good work performed in a timely matter. He's located in Middle River. Phone - (410) 335-0458.

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks, guys!

Added fluid, and the tilt works fine. Need to find the leak.

Spoke with Francis Guy today, and plan to take the boat to him later this week.

Again, thanks for the info.

-TH

·
Registered
552 Posts
Tony,

Francis and the boys down there are by far the best people in the entire marine world as far as I'm concerned. I can't tell you how honest those guys are. The only bad thing for me now is I have to take my boat down the street at Colton's because I now own a Yammie 4 stroke. I woned Evinrude's for 10 years. Francis told me he absolutley will not work on them. Maybe a legal thing, I'm not sure. Let me know about you experience and hopefully we can hook-up in

"Skirthcaser"
Frank

1 - 15 of 15 Posts