Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
"Five days or five weeks or five months, but it certainly isn't going to last any longer than that." -- Donald Rumsfeld, November 14, 2002
"It could last, you know, six days, six weeks. I doubt six months." -- Donald Rumsfeld, February 7, 2003
"We're going to stand up an interim government, hand power over to them, and get out of there in three to four months." -- Lawrence Di Rita, April 2003
Gates took a beating at the hearing, attacked by both Republicans and Democrats over the war in Iraq. At one point, under intense questioning, Gates actually said, "I would confess I'm no expert on Iraq.".Later, when asked about the balance between American and Iraqi troops, Gates provided what might be the greatest soundbite from a Secretary of Defense ever.

He told the panel he was "no expert on military matters." WOW THIS IS BUSH'S CHOICE FOR SECRETARY OF DEFENSE!!

Timeline Iraq 2007

Bush announces things in Iraq will be different THIS time around, that Iraqi police will be increased in numbers and will start patroling the streets to better protect the local populace. Specifically, he said they will be "conducting patrols and setting up checkpoints, and going door-to-door to gain the trust of Baghdad residents." The Iraqi Death Squads ie. police have been doing door to door killing for some time now....will anyone let Bush know?

·
Registered
672 Posts
I must admit, I was somewhat stunned when I heard the "I'm no expert..." soundbites. His JOB is to be an expert on the overriding issue, basically the one issue he was hired to address. I initially thought someone who could admit mistakes and weaknesses was refreshing, but come on....He better become "an expert" real quick!:(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts