Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys This is an El Cheapo camera .Is there much to it as far as posting pitchas on our site?I need something I can afford to lose overboard.

·
Premium Member
3,712 Posts
Nick I have one. Do yourself a favor and do not install the kodak software that comes with it. It is slow and takes over how your computer views all pictures, not just the one you take with the camera. It was ***** to uninstall also. Takes decent pics for the price.

·
Registered
11,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So in otherwords,I shouldn't get it if i want to post pitchas?

·
Premium Member
8,174 Posts
Nick: There are many inexpensive cameras out there. I second what Tom says. If you buy it just dont use the software it comes with.. Your computer already has what it needs to read and deal with the pictures. I can help walk you through posting pictures.

·
Premium Member
4,735 Posts
Nick,
the camera, in most cases, doesn't affect how easy or difficult it is to post pics.
as Tom & Mike said, though, don't automatically load the camera's software on to your computer.
most computers have some type of photo viewing software in them when you buy it.
most cameras will come with a USB adaptor cord or memory card (SD Card, etc)that you can use to transfer your pics to your computer.
once you insert the USB or SD card the computer will probably walk you thru saving them to your "my Pictures" file
once loaded on the computer it is easy to e-mail or post pics.

that being said, Nick, buy the camera you like at the price you like
it really shouldn't make much difference in the ease of saving and posting pics.

·
Premium Member
8,174 Posts
The easyest way is use the USB cable that comes with most cameras. Plug the cabel into the camera and into the computer. The computer will typially prompt you to save the pictures in the computer (There is a folder in "MY DOCUMENTS" for "MY PICTURES". I set up a new folder in MY PICTURES for the current year "2011" and then new folders for each group of pictures I am saving (like "SUSKY MAY 11 2011" or "UPPER BAY STRIPERS JUNE !!")

Then when you want to post pics on TF you click on the "insert Image" icon (next to the envelope icon) in the quick reply section and I can walk you through this procedure...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts