Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Usually I'm over on the fishing boards, but family is bugging me to get a lab puppy....Thought some foliks here might have some info.....

Anyone know a good breeder in the DC/Balt/Northern VA. area?...Looking for a smallish female puppy.

Thanks,
Joe

·
Registered
981 Posts
Both the male and the ***** weigh about 75 lbs, so they should throw smaller pups. Attached are some pictures of the male (my dog, Fin). In the picture of Fin sitting on front of a boat blind with a black lab in the foreground, that black lab is Fin's father, who is my father's dog. Though we are not breeders, my family has had the same line of labs since the 60's. We breed them now and again when we want another puppy. I don't want another puppy now, but a work associate wants to breed his dog, and Fin gets to be the stud. It will be his first litter.

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8EaN3LFqybsLy

·
Registered
111 Posts
pbramble has by the far one of the best looking breeds of labs I have ever seen. Fin's dad is ridiculous. I have hunted with them all and they are very good. If I ever get a new lab, thats where im going.

Karl

·
Registered
533 Posts
I work in DC for the Army and saw where a guy is giving away a good AKC 4 month old Chocolate Lab because they just found out his small son is allergic to Dog Hair, if you’re interested b-mail me.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for replies....We're still in the research stage and some in the family are still lobbying for a Golden Retriever vs. a Lab (This would mostly be a family pet, with some light hunting occasionally).....and then if it's a Lab there's the black, golden or chocolate question..and the English or American ???...etc.....more questions than answers so far.....Again; Thanks for your repsonses...I may bounce some more ??? off the group as we get further into it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts